Magic Flight Launch Box Review with pictures

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Stickabu, Jun 8, 2010.

1. #1 Stickabu, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010
    I just got my Launch Box today and decided I would take pictures/write a review on this baby.

So first off a bit of background on the Magic Flight Launch Box(a.k.a M.F.L.B.) The M.F.L.B. is made by Magic-Flight who also make the Launch Tube and the aromatic Vaporizer. The dimensions of the M.F.L.B. are 2.5 by 1.25 by 0.9 inches in size. It is really small. Later in the review I will have a picture in comparison to my hand and to a quarter. The M.F.L.B. is meant to be as stealthy as possible while still packing a punch. Now it won't be as good as one of the desktop vapes in terms of vapor production or efficiency but I believe it does the job quite well. The M.F.L.B. is powered by rechargeable AA NiMH batteries. It is a pretty good system. You can't control the temp with say a button but if you have different techniques of taking a hit it will increase/decrease temp. Faster=cooler. Slower=hotter.

So now that the intro is out of the way, my Fiance ordered the kit with the charger off of BlissVille for $99 including free shipping for an anniversary present for me. She's awesome. She ordered on a Thursday, got confirmation on Friday and it arrived to my house that Monday. So in all it only took 3 business days for them to ship it. Very fast shipping and great service(nice little thank you note in the package.)

So here is the package I got in the mail. Didn't think it would be so small of a box:

[​IMG]

Opened up the box and inside I found these:

Nice tin box with a good solid feel to it. Love the lightning bolt logo.
    [​IMG]

A 4 hour charger that came with the kit. Plugs in to USB also.
    [​IMG]

Opened up the tin to find a nice draw string bag that holds all of your accessories and the actual M.F.L.B and a booklet about the magic flight(dimensions and why it would be a great vape for anybody.)
    [​IMG]

When I opened up the bag I found the M.F.L.B., 2 rubber battery caps, a case to hold your A.B.V.(I put my to be vaped in there), 2 already charged batteries(ready to go as soon as I got it was a plus) in a case, a brush to clean the screen with, and a medium sized(3") stem, and 3 rubber bands to hold the top down while carrying a packed trench(M.F.L.B. bowl is called a trench because it goes down into a trench shape).
    [​IMG]

So that was everything that came with it. Here are some close ups of the M.F.L.B.:

Nice little words to live by on the back.
    [​IMG]

Here it is compared to my hand. You can really see how small it is. I was shocked when I first saw it:
    [​IMG]

Next to a quarter:
    [​IMG]

Alright so that's it for pics right now. If you guys have a request for any pics let me know. They most likely wont be the best quality but I'll see what I can do.

Onto the review part!

Pros:
    -Very stealthy.
    -No smell if you use it right otherwise you might just smell burnt popcorn for a bit.
    -Very small which makes it so you are able to take it anywhere.
    -Produces a lot of vapor for something so small.
    -The high hits you very quick.
    -You get the nice taste of just bud and not butane.
    -Nice led inside that shows you when it's on.

Cons:
    -A bit of a learning curve but not to bad. Just read the directions a few times.
    -Battery powered with no option(as of now) for an outlet plug-in.

That's pretty much all the cons I can think of. It is so stealthy that nobody will notice that you are using it even if you are right next to them. Perfect for taking into a movie theater. No combustion unless you leave the battery in for too long(a minute or 2.)

Overall, I would give this a 8.5/10. Very good vaporizer that is ultra stealthy. Only problems are that when I am at home I can't just plug it in. I still have to use batteries. If there was an A/C adapter I would instantly give this a 10.
    I think anybody looking for something ultra portable, pretty efficient, and very stealthy should look into picking one of these up. Also, there is a lifetime warranty on the Launch Box. If anything goes wrong with it besides it being lost or stolen they will give you a new one at NO charge to you. That's right no shipping charges and you keep the original one. No hassle for the consumer at all. Great costumer service.

Well that's my review. Any comments, questions, opinions?

2. I just got mine today too!!!:smoking:

3. So you know how I've felt like all day.:smoking:

4. hell yeah, its heaven. I was like a fuckin kid opening a christmas present when i got it. great little vape

5. Nice, I love my Launch Box! I've been using it all day. Pretty efficient and great taste!

6. hopefully getting mine this week :smoking:
    vape on my brothers

7. I love the taste. I'm using mids because that's all I have right now but even still I get a good taste. I can't wait to vape some headies. Stay vaked:smoking:

8. orderin mine tonight :cheers: i am very excitted an early thank you to the girlfriend as i am getting this as an aniversary present too!! and shes gettin
    a vaporbros from me for her new apartment, gotta love the gift of vapes:smoke:

9. Nice, you will enjoy this little guy :) I want a 4 Bt. charger as well!!! I got the old model, so i only got a 2bt. one. Oh well.
    Good sum up, Vape one my Brothers and Sisters :bongin:

10. Haha that is kind of odd that we both got them for anniversary gifts. Hope you enjoy it when you get it tonight. You will be amazed with how high you get.

I like the battery charger that came with it but right now I'm using a 15 minute charger since I only have 2 batteries. Thanks for the comments.

11. i got mine last weekend, it rocks! there is a small learning curve but once you get used to it its easily the best system for the money! about 4-6 good hits gets me pretty damn high and lasts about 3 hours!

12. Yeah the high is very intense for something so small. I usually never get red eyes but I've been so high off this thing that they are cherried(completely red.)

13. nice review! mine is coming tommorow and I was wondering how much bud do I put in when I vape. Also how many vape bowls til you get pretty faded.

14. the only downside to this vape is that now i smoke too much:smoking::D. its so freakin easy to just toke up anywhere its crazy. Best thing ive bought in a long time

15. same here i just get high everywhere now, :smoking::smoking:

16. Anybody have an iolite and a MFLB that can compare at all? I hear such wonderful things about this vape but the fact that it's still a conduction vaporizer kind of worries me about how efficient this thing really is.

17. I've used the iolite and from my experience, the mflb kicks its ass in stealthiness and time. The iolite has a loud fan and takes time to heat up where the mflb, there is no sound and you take vape hits in like 15 seconds. The mouth piece and cause irritation to your mouth cus it gets pretty hot and also sometimes you will have a taste of butane with your hits.

18. Depends on how good your bud is and what your tolerance level is.

More efficient than the Iolite. With the Iolite, the bud is always being cooked, more or less, even between hits. Not the case with the LaunchBox.