Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Magic butter machine will be in today What to make 1st?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by C4S34C3, Feb 17, 2016.

1. My magic butter machine will be here today and I think I am going to make some canna oil. So this is a 3 part question.

1. Any tips on making the oil? I already know to decarb and am planning on using soy lectin.

2. How do you adjust recipes that call for butter using oil?

3 . I have a box of brownies that call for 1/3 cup of vegetable oil. If I replace it with canna oil will that be enough oil to get sufficiently medicated off 1 brownie (1 batch = 16 2.5" brownies) . I know that's a lot of variables to consider but just curious how much oil you all use in your recipes.

I'm so excited to try it out when it gets here. Thanks for the help. Oh and any links to edible recipes is welcome.

2. Return it is the best advice I can give you.

3. Never used a MBM before. My understanding was you had to use two cups of oil in the machine and I never make that much oil at once. Hope I'm wrong about that. Your potency will totally depend on how much cannabis:eek:il ratio. I just substitute oil for butter- same measurement for my recipes. I no longer make canna oil in the traditional way. I have learned from PSam's Another Tincture Thread to make a tincture and then do a solvent transfer to oil. This allows me to make more potent, smaller portions of oil. I have heard good things about the machine, but for my purposes it would be useless. Good luck, mate.

4. Well here is the end result. Brownies with Mini Reese's Cups and Rolo's inside. Topped with crumbled Oreo and PB Powder. Killer and really strong. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455788801.031891.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mate, I'll have two, please. Glad to hear they turned out well. Give us the details, if you don't mind. I like to learn everything I can.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well the Magic Butter machine (while not perfect) is stupid simple. I love the ease of use and cleanup.

Now for the brownies. I did a double batch. And I used the Ghirardelli box brownie mix. I replaced the 1/3 cup vegetable oil with a 1/2 cup canna coconut oil. (Ended up a bit strong tasting so may adjust next time) Other than that follow the box.
    *NOTE: Had to add a little more water to thin it out a bit.

Added 1 Rolo and mini Reese's cup every 2-3 inches and cover with batter.

Bake for 50min but 15min. before they are done (while the top is just a little soft) add crumbled Oreo and powdered PB Fit.

7. Pretty much just trail and error for baking. Keep notes of what you do, pictures never hurt.

I am not a pro but I do love my edibles, I generally add a little extra oil/butter to the called for recipe and bake at a lower temperature for a longer period of time. Worst result I ever had was 12 cookies turn into one giant cookie, delicious mistake.

I will substitute butter for oil or oil for butter, pretty much just comes down to what I have on hand. The only major difference I get from them is flavor. Which makes me use a variety of different oils to make some unique tasting deserts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for the post! I have a couple questions, myself :)
    I just ordered my MBM and I'm planning on making Canna-Coconut Oil.
    What ratios did you place into the Magic Butter? I've read and heard that the decarb process was unneeded, what was your experience? Personally, I've tried every Decarb Process under the sun with no luck.I've done a few boiling water methods, a few oven methods, all multiple times, none of which worked for me. (Thus why I ordered the MBM)

Those brownies look DELICIOUS!! I'll have to try that recipe out, seems simple enough :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 BrassNwood, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    kartkid
    ALWAYS decarb before starting.. The decarb process is the THCA giving up a C02 molecule and converting to the active form THC.. This is done far more easily in the air then submerged in oil..
    Decarb = 40 to 60 minutes covered-sealed at 220-240 degrees.. Foil covered dish, Sealed foil bag, Turkey roasting bag, Open on a cookie sheet if nothing else but it'll stink up the house really nice..
    The MBM seems to work best with larger amounts of leafy trim since you have a minimum about of oil you need to use to have the machine operate correctly if I remember from my readings.. Likely works best more for baked good as you need large amounts of oil per batch..
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method
    I concentrate much of my harvests to dry ice hash and here is that step..
    [​IMG]
    Here is my own Dry Ice hash thread and it's got BadKats oil and tinctures recipes stripped down to the bare minimums for making the basic oil..
    [​IMG]
    For really potent end product start with concentrated material like Dry Ice hash.. I use 160 micron with a single 60 second power shake of bud..
    5 grams of decarbed hash
    2.5 teaspoons of coconut oil = any oil works but this is best and fastest
    1/2 teaspoon soy lecithin = power booster
    Blend and heat 20 minutes then freeze.. 2-3 or 4 more heat and freeze cycles will change the high so some personal experimentation is needed..
    This finished table spoon of canna oil is roughly 30 very strong doses..
    I can either cap it or add it to the oil called for in a recipe like brownies.. At this potency food can be dangerous as you don't understand just how strong this shit is.. A box brownie cut into 30 pieces look stupidly small and it takes 30 to 90 minutes to take effect..
    [​IMG]
    The finished oil is more like sludge and needs some heat and constant stirring to stay blended.. This coffee cup warmer fits the small cat food dishes I work with just right..
    Fills about 30 size (0) caps.. Eye dropper works best for this..
    Well powdered decarbed bud and even trim will work this way just at progressively lower strengths.. The higher your oil to cannabis ratio the weaker the results
    BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    BadKats thread is the source for much of my knowledge..
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ik someone's hype haha, just don't over do it mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Thank you!!
    Admittedly I'm disappointed that I'll have to decarb prior to using the MBM, as that's where my process always seems to go wrong. My oven is OLD and I fear that it's the variable I've been unable to fine tune(I've used oven bags and have a couple left).
    I've tried in boiling water via mason jar for 1h+ to decarb and then submerged in coconut oil for a number of hours (w/soy lecithin), I don't recall how many as I didn't keep the notes.
    I then made that oil into (0) caps.. you get the idea.

So I'm now looking into raising the concentration of THCA in my equation, before I go ahead and waste more of these super yummy flowers.
    I may find the answer before you reply but seeing as you're rather knowledgeable in this area I'll ask; is there an ideal method for concentrate decarboxylation?

Thanks again!

12. kartkid
    Since the decarboxylate function is the THCA giving up a carbon dioxide molecule to become THC it's best done in an open atmosphere rather then submerged in oil.. Oven bag, closed foil pouch, Pan with foil cover..
    Bud, kief-hash, or ABV (already been vaped) all need a decarb and for that step I use just a covered dish..
    [​IMG]
    20 grams of hash-kief about to be decarbed..
    I use an old toaster oven with an oven thermometer to insure my temps are good.. This one is off about 30 degrees low..

BNW

13. Thanks!
    My ratio I'm shooting for is 1oz bud : 1 cup of oil
    Decarbed @ 240F for 40mins. (w/pre-heated oven)

Wish me luck!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hi did you put the machine on 160 for 1 hour?

15. You realize the last post was from 2016 right??

I run it for 2 hours for coconut oil.it's just my preference.

16. Thank you