Mag/Potassium Lock out or Deficiency and how can I tell...

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Dazed540, Feb 28, 2019.

1. #21 Dazed540, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    Hey man, thanks a bunch for that info...

Truly amazing stuff, probably saved me years of trial and error. I been banging my head against the wall for 3 years now without a successful grow of this Strawberry Cough. I grew aeroponically before and had no problems. I thought soil was supposed to be less work - definitely not unless you know what you're doing - which I don't. I was about a half hour from starting to flower them but now Im thinking I can get them to recover a little more fully before I do. Here are the most recent pics. As you mentioned, they recovered somewhat after a good 3x flush two weeks ago but obviously there's still some nut lock out and def/excess. I can't afford the OG Products, FTB or Phyre at the moment; otherwise I'd get right on that. I do however have amp it and great white shark inoculants. I have no idea if they're any good - The White Shark I mean. Here are the most recent pics. Let me know how you think I should proceed from here... I was thinking one more flush and then....? I have in stock VegaMatrix Grow, Bloom, Boost, Big n Sticky, CalMag, G.ma's Molassas, G.Hydro's pH up and down, and Great White Mycorrhizae at my disposal. I've been using CalMag instead of Hard n Quick once or twice a week at 3ml per gal foliarily. My soil was derived from the following recipe:

A Simple Super Soil Recipe for Your Cannabis | Leafly

In the future I'm just buying Fox Farm - Idk what I was thinking making my own soil from the start. Anyway, let me know what you think. I've also added a picture of my next plant - Amnesia - which is planted in the same soil mix. I've only watered with R/O, extremely light nut's and innoculant - and is looking great. She's recovering from just being topped for a future manifold. Super Indica. So I think I just need to dial it back on the nut's w the cough from the start - the soil may contain the majority of the necessary nutrients. I did a slurry test on the soil just now and got a TDS of 100ppm and a pH of 6.3. Thinking of doing another 4 or 5 Gallon R/O Flush... then following your protocol from above as best I can with the nut's I've got. By all means hit me up with any suggestions for the parameters and nutrients I have available. I'm supplementing with CO2 as well.

Attached Files:

2. I'm sure you may have found out by now, but fox farms is no different than any other soil..it will begin to acidify after a long veg into flower because the buffers are run out of the soil.
    No matter what soil you go with, powdered limestone is your friend when it comes to stabilizing soil that has ph issues. One tblspoon per gallon of soil is plenty and can be scratched into the top inch of soil.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3. Looks like light burn.