Made My Day

Discussion in 'General' started by DemiseInDisguise, Apr 17, 2009.

1. For starters, I work at a local ice cream shop. It's really boring, only one person working at a time and it's just sort of miserable all around.

So yesterday I go into work. My manager asked me to go in the freezer and get something. Two minutes later she asks me to take care of this customer because she had to bounce. I was in a bad mood so as I was helping this lady I didn't make small talk at all. The lady was nice though, she seemed to be in her sixties.

I give her what she wants and I ring her up. She starts talking to me so I was like "eh wtf maybe I can get a tip out of her if I talk." So I start talking to her and her change comes out to be something like $10.07. I give her two fives, disappointed that I won't be getting tipped. She then says "you were a nice young man so here you go." She tipped me five bucks. :hello: I thanked her and told her I really appreciated it.

She then started walking to the door. Before she could get out she says, "You know, I'll be going out of town in a few days and won't be in here for a while. Why don't you take this as welll." She handed me a 20 dollar bill. :eek:

I was in complete shock. She just tipped me twenty five bucks to give her some ice cream. I told her it wasn't necessary but she insisted. I couldn't stop thanking her and telling her how appreciated I felt. She left with a smile on her face. I went in back with a smile on mine. I had just made a twenty five dollar tip in the first ten minutes of work.

So, even though this lady will never say this, I'd like to thank her once more. Having to deal with shit ass customers all day, this definitely made my day, and week pretty much.

2. :D
    i love when shit like this happens! it's always the smaller gestures too, eh? good stuff.

3. I wonder if she would have given it to you if she only knew what you'd use that 25 for... :D

4. See Older-Aged people are so much more considerate.

I was raised in a poor low-class redneck family but we are still very curtious and use respect.

My family now is pretty wealthy form working our asses off but we still maintain and give respect to the people that deserve it.

I look at some of the people im around these days and they can be completely rude to people for no reason.