Made a DIY carbon filter and changed some stuff in the room and eye candy

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by S.F. Sage, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Bought a 6 inch duct a 6 inch connector 2 gallon size paint strainer bags, and some activated carbon:D

also moved my track to the middle of the room because of size issues its hella big lol and also had to run the ducting for the carbon filter. what do you guys think?:smoking:

Attached Files:

2. #2 S.F. Sage, Nov 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
    some more pics oh and i switch over to flowering tonight i think the screen has filled up pretty thick and good lol

Attached Files:

3. Does that method provide good airflow? How much carbon did you put in it? Also, the pics are confusing me. It looks like you are aircooling your light but the exhaust is inside the room?

Is that a green light so you can see during dark cycles? I have heard of this but never used one.

4. GREAT setup as usual SF Sage. I am though slightly confused as well about the flow of your carbon filter. Is there another fan maybe pushing air through it from the other side of the wall you have the filter attached to? I only see one fan? Though your setup is nice and the green light is for night vision if you will. I love the small Scrog you have setup its smart and efficient.

GREAT JOB

APZ:hello:

5. i went to wal-mart but was unable to find he active carbon. Can anyone tell me where it would be? i was a little apprehensive about asking someone that works there haha

oh and looks good!!:hello:

Thanks EC

6. Its flowing pretty good but not as freely as it was. I am going to drill holes all through the metal duct that's holding the carbon and see if this helps. I used all three 90z containers I had in the picture, and no the exhaust goes under the house and out a vent on the back side of the house. It creates a negative vacuum in the room which pulls in nice cool air from under the house through a furnace filter i nailed to the wall so no bugs or dirt come in.:smoking:

7. I have a 240cfm scroll type inline fan mounted on the wall (if you look in the sidewayz picture you can see it next to the lil desk fan)

I never go in there when they are sleeping, that lil green light is my studio light and i had to take the HPS out to move the hydrofarm light track to the middle of the room so I just had to use it as i switched shit around lol

And the screen has really filled out which was my goal I wanted the screen to be pretty much full before I switched into flowering, it will have its first 12 hrs of darkness starting in a hour.

woo hoo for legal weed!

8. In the pet care section look on the fish supply isle and you shall find it