Mac vs. PC

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by SmokingFIRE, Sep 13, 2009.

1. a PC is like have'n a glass bong then when you add a new a/c you have to get extra fittings etc. to make it work right I mean it will fit on the bong just not work right until you get more
    pieces for it.

then with mac bong you just buy the the mac a/c because that's all that will fit and it fits prefect and work first try.

Both will get you high but one is straight to the point and just more professional.
    I'm not say'n there are not people that toke the shit out of the PC bong and get higher then some that use the mac.

But if you want to smoke with people that are straight to the point go mac.
    I use PC's not by choice it's because of cost I have used mac in the studio.

If you want to get hired then learn mac if you just want to screw around go PC.

2. #102 tedzbott, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2009
    I really don't understand all of the hostility that surrounds this topic, I've been a pc user all of my life up until about 3 months ago i had to get a new computer, i decided to change it up and get a mac, no real reason, and i wouldn't consider it a switch between sides i just wanted to go for something new, i'm relatively highly intuitive when it comes to computers so i have no qualms with pc but even after using mac for such a short period of time i dont think ill ever buy a pc again, the os is way more solid, the interface is just much more intuitive, especially the process for its organization, its been said before but its really something that you don't really realize until you've used a mac for a prolonged period of time then gone back to pc and you really notice the differences, they're subtle but there.. thats just my position

wooo long post sorry

edit:
    Just an observation, most people that prefer macs have admitted to using pc's forever, how many people that choose pc over mac have ever used mac for a prolonged period of time?

3. It really doesn't matter what you use, although it has been scientifically proven many times over that Mac owners are sexier.

4. CoJ is just better. Obviously there's no CoG.

5. This whole post just pisses me off, your analogy was no good first off, and the things you stated just arent true...besides, a Mac is in no way more professional...Mac is like a computer for people who dont wanna mess with their settings, people who arent too computer savvy and they just want to do a limited amount of things and the mac serves its purpose for this. If anything the PC is more professional, it can do more things and is all around just a more capable machine. Sure it might take more of a learning curve, but it has more options and more applications...

6. #106 Computerdm27, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2009
    Im going to put in my 2 cents while Im still new here. A mac is better for generating graphics and having every other apple product "seelessly" work with it almost right away. Someone hit the point earlier that with us who do use a windows based platform it's all about options, options you don't get with a mac. Those people who think they are so safe they don't need anti virus/malware protector are generally right for now - I mean who is going to take the time to rite a virus for less than 1% of computer users? Let's face it mac's OS is just as vulnerable to attcks as a windows based system. Oh and here's a little something to back it up
    Apple fixes 47 bugs in iPhone, Mac and QuickTime
    It's actually sad that they waited until they had so many fixes to release them. WaytoGo!

7. Mac IS NOT better for generating graphics. That is an absolute lie. The only thing that MAC OS has against windows is they are OPTIMISED for the adobe suite. That is why most designers,artists, etc use the Mac vs the windows pc to run their adobe programs. If it wasn't for adobe and mac working together mac would not have ever picked up with people buying it.

At my vocational school i graduated from we used macs for the adobe suite. I can agree that the adobe programs did load quicker the a pc of equivalent hardware and that has been proven. But since they were optimized to work together mac has the unfair advantage. The mac i used had a 2gb RAM, intel c2d 3 ghz, and nvidia 8800gs 512mb ram.

I had a windows vista pc had home that had the specs of 1.5 gb ddr2 ram, amd 64 2.6 ghz, and a ati x1300 256mb ram. I downloaded and played the halo demo, and many other games that i could play for the mac at the time. I also played them for the pc. My pc ran halo demo maxed, and other games with fairly high settings at resolution of 1440x900. I went to school and ran all the games for the mac. All with terrible terrible results. At the lowest resolution i could get for the game *640 x 480* and put the graphic settings all the way down it could barely manage 22 frames per second. On call of duty 2 for the mac it ran at 18 frames per second.

So no, macs are NOT better for generating 'graphics'. Especially when windows pc's have a choice between gaming GPU, or architectural GPU such as ati's FIre gl series which was built strictly for architectural designing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ^^^ People just think Mac is good for graphics because the OS is so sleek and pretty. In reality it is no better than PC at it, the best programs for making music/graphics dont come with any OS, you have to get them seperate.

9. The somber truth.

Whether you do graphics, print layout, audio or video on a Mac or Windows PC is just a matter of what applications you are used to, some are OS specific, most are not.

Many "creative" people, just want to get the job done, and as such a no-hassle machine as a Mac is a perfectly sensible choice.

Those that demand something more without jumping through hoops first, go with a Windows PC. Or those with special demands Linux or some other sectarian OS :D

10. Exactly, the only arguement that Mac users have is that they are better for design. Which in reality the designing they are better for is using the adobe suite. Macs are pretty user friendly unless the user was a windows user and it is their first time.

I have nothing against macs or mac's OS but saying macs are better for whatever reasons can be quickly shot down with some common knowledge in the computer industry.

I don't argue with Mac users; I drown them in facts that prove them wrong.

I am a windows person as my pc is good enough to handle vista/windows 7 without hassle, I can play games maxed out at 1440 x 900, and I can overclock my current cpu to 3.5 ghz with a good cpu heatsink. I run many applications on my pc such as: Flash, adobe suite, itunes, MS office, and others and they never crash on me and the load within 1-5 seconds depending on the app.(which is about the same time it takes to load a Stash Jar thread with massive pictures that are larger then my resolution lol). I build PC's with windows on them. I currently have 3 PCs, 2 with vista(sp1 and sp2 on my main pc), and one running linux that is just fun to toy around with.

Mostly what i like about personal computers is they are upgradable, and I build my own pc to my liking with a fresh OS install. If you build your own pc bloatware is no issue.

/rant

ps. sry for the ranting lol

11. I this thread

12. I noticed that on macs, the green colors on GC are actually green, where they're rather yellowish on pc's.

13. You can't compare mac vs pc because really, mac IS PC.

So this thread failed at that. It should be mac vs windows.....

14. #115 TheDankTank, Sep 17, 2009
    ^^huh?, there are 3 different colors to the grasscity scheme(4 if u include white), dark green, light green, and a light yellow-green. So I don't understand if your trying to say that pc's colors are extremely off, but my colors seem fine.

And i dont know if you were aware of this but YELLOW + blue = green so i imagen the lighter green colors have more yellow in them then blue.

Edit: I love this thread too.

Edit Edit: No a mac is not a personal computer, but only a computer. They base PC's off being able to customize hardware, OS's, computer case, lighting scheme, air cooling, liquid cooling, and other things. Macs are NOT nearly as versatile as a Personal Computer is. So your statement just failed.

15. #116 Everyday_Thang, Sep 17, 2009
    is this really a question.

Since anyone on GC = cool
    And anyone who ownes a mac = needs a bong shoved up there ass.

then clearly no one here would like mac.

also. wackdeaf boy. shutit.

danky dank! what the fuck? I tunes? get Zune! Microsoft = Zune and xbox360 also.

i tunes = not nearly as cool as zune, and is FROM MACINTOSH!

16. haha like i said before i dont have anything against mac and im not a windows fanboy, i just like windows. Yes i like the 360 the best, but For mp3's and phones, the iphone has always kept me with itunes. I just like how its layed out.

17. #118 TheDankTank, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009
    Wow that is shitty, i got neg rep from 'pinball wizard' for "your post betrays a complete lack of technical understanding of software or hardware". As ive shown over the last 5 posts i have a very thorough understanding of hardware and software. I showed that macs have an advantage in adobe suite as its opotimized for it. And a mac is NOT a PC, but just the C part.

Also windows is not the esssence of bloatware and niether is any operating system. You only have bloatware if you buy the pc from a store. However i build my own and install my operating system myself so I have NO bloatware. Aparrently he has no understanding of what i understand and its sad that he didn't even post a good arguement.

Oh by the way pinball wizard its funny how you say mac are pcs as well but they clearly seperate themselves from "PCs" in their commericial, website, and also window's websites and commercials also seperate themselves as PC vs Mac. So are you telling me YOU have the say so that Mac is a PC when apple, the owner of mac, states that they are not a pc?

GG pinball wizard

PS: thx for the rep bluntman00
    edit: - rep for the person who has no understanding of software or hardware.
    Edit edit: I didn't know that people were getting angry at my arguments, i thought this was a healthy argumentative thread but apartently there are immature users that cannot simply post their argument instead of shooting off negative rep to try and prove a point. Its sad.

18. Some people on here are like that, don't let it get to you.

19. Haha yea i see that, they have to do a "gotcha" type thing since they cannot win a simple arguement. Thx lol