Mac vs PC commercials

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by HighMountainSkier, Oct 23, 2009.

1. I love these commercials. Windows 7 just comes out today and Apple is on their shit already!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t58kPJL9HH4"]YouTube - New Apple's Get a Mac Ad: Broken Promises[/ame]

2. I saw this commercial like 3 or 4 times today. Pushing it hard.

Nice commercial though

3. Funny but pathetic and one of the reasons I dislike Apple and their philosophies.

I would rather see a commercial that actually demonstrates and describes the product being advertised, instead of a mudslinging campaign reminiscent of election season.

4. Word, I always thought it was funny that i've never seen a mac commercial where they were really talking about Mac's features, mainly just slamming PC.

It is pretty funny though:D

5. Yeah, Apple pokes the bear a little too hard in my opinion BUT:

1) M$ deserves to get slammed for their consistent production of crap OS's

and

2) It must be working because Apple's profits are through the roof

6. Apple hit it huge with the iPod and iPhone, I'll give it to them. Macs were far less common before the iCraze.

However by no means would I consider Windows to be crap. There are reasons that the majority of businesses are not running Mac networks.

Both Microsoft and Apple produce good operating systems, and they could both learn from each other if it wasn't such a bitter dispute about one being better than the other.

7. I agree and disagree. Apple makes good products. The Ipod / Iphone was a few of those products, but not the sole reason they are where they are today.

In regards to the OS 'war', yea - M$ owns the business sector, but I think thats for reasons outside of the stability or value of their Operating System(s).

I'm an open source guy anyways, so I can care less who 'is better', but thats my 2 cents anyways...

8. OMG as i was reading this a pc vs mac commercial came on!

Is this a SIGN?!

9. i like the one where the pc pretends to be shooting a commercial and the people are all talking about upgrading to mac instead of windows 7. is this one posted anywhere? i looked, no luck :/

10. Damn, PC was a snappy dresser.

11. I don't mind the commercials simply because it helped push M$ to make 7, which is the best OS I've used to this day.

12. LOL...yeah screw those"omg macs are the besta nd pc's are shit" lovers..... MICROSOFT JUST SHOWED MAC WHATS GOOD WITH WINDOWS 7!!

13. Im not being argumentative at all, but what makes it the best Operating System you have used? I don't really understand what is revolutionary in the OS. I've been running the released Windows 7 for about a month and a half now on a VM for some unit testing and I have found some minor glitches with it (too be expected with ANY operating system), but more importantly I have yet to uncover any new features that wow me. New look (kinda) with Aero and Glass, some handy UI items, and definitely some cool features when rolled out in a Server 2008 R2 environment, but nonetheless... its a GOOD vanilla bean ice cream of an OS if you ask me.

Sorry for the food analogy but I had too... :smoking: