Mac users are getting screwed

Discussion in 'General' started by Dr RealGood, Jun 26, 2012.

1. #1 Dr RealGood, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
    I saw a report on the news last light at work. Orbitz.com Charges Mac users $20 to $30 more, per night, than PC users... they admitted to it. Thats just crazy. They figure that if you bout a mac, you obviously like to overpay for shit... so why not charge more. Thats just crazy. Thats technical discrimination!

Here's an article on ZDnet

2. haha serves you right for getting a mac. pc4life!

3. [quote name='"Deuro"']haha serves you right for getting a mac. pc4life![/quote]

Agreed!
    But wait, *nix4life!

4. never using that site again.. lol

5. #5 cball, Jun 26, 2012
    well, the tech savvy types have known apples were overpriced, underclocked, pos pc wannabe's for a long time now...tehy should have stuck with the original line, and improved mac os..but hell, even cisco went the way of linux, but at least tehy didn't steal shit to do it. (pretty damned commendable really...at least they worked with the OSS movement)

Apple had to STEAL an os to compete
    Apple had to swap architecture to the same as a pc to compete
    Apple stole their logo long ago, got sued
    apple stole the idea of the gui
    apple stole the mouse
    aple stole the touch screen
    apple stole the multi-touch gestures touch screen concept
    apple stole just about all they ever sold as an aerodynamic shaped copy of pc's stuff
    Apple had to RAISE their prices after stealing the OS and copying pc's with cheap underclocked crapware to complete...
    uh wait a sec...anybody else see something wrong with this?
    Apple pretty much squated on someones private property next to an established corps oil field, and drilled over to the exisiting wells there to steal the oil that was already tapped...even after being exposed as thieves they continues to sell that oil as if it was theirs all along.

apple appeals to the dim witted ignorant hippster wannbes...all hype and pompous attitude with an inferiour product line...think of dipshit rich kids spending 10x what us normal folks would, on a cup of coffee...and feel they got a bargain...that's an apple fan IMHO.:D

...Cthulhu says apple users will be the least of his concern at the end of the year (it is 2012 ya know), those people are already mad...:p

oh ya...if I was one to accept anal probes as a price for traveling, I'd use orbits to buy airline tickets...but I like my anus as it is, not being probed by some pervert with a butt fetish claiming to be looking for phantom snukes...

6. If you read the article carefully you'll see that they're just offering Mac users a better selection of rooms, but they can still choose to get a cheaper room at the same price as everyone else. So it's not nearly as egregious as it looks at first glance.

7. #7 X24, Jun 26, 2012
    And evidently PC users don't have all that great of reading comprehension. Mac users on average spend $20-30 for a *better* hotel. They are still charged the same hotel rates, they just on average splurge a little on a hotel room.

Makes sense that somebody willing to pay for a premium computer would also pay for a quality hotel room.

8. Meh, I don't use Orbitz.

As far as having a Mac, it says nothing about my personality. I just prefer it, I can afford it, and I don't give a shit about anyone's holier than thou attitude with regards to my purchase. Judging someone by what kind of electronics they use is petty and says more about your shortcomings than theirs.

9. I thought Orbitz was gum?

10. #10 cball, Jun 26, 2012
    See folks...didn't I peg that one?

oh yes...mac users don't like petty judgmental people...anyone see the irony of this...

:D

11. sounds like an excuse.

Macs suck...do some research

12. What kind of crazy attitude is, "I can afford to get fucked in the ass"?

13. Actually my attitude is "I don't care". I like my computer. That's reason enough for me. You computer elitists need to take a deep breath and get over it.

14. [quote name='"Olesmoky"']I thought Orbitz was gum?[/quote]

Dude i think the same company runs both

Or the gum is just called 'orbit'

Those are the commercials about having a clean mouth right?

15. Mac users should be charged anyway.

Serves them right for tryin to show off by buying a mac.

16. ...

Laptops Reviews | The Verge

Product Reviews -- Engadget

It's not like you're paying more for nothing. You pay for materials, build quality, details and an experience. I use OSX, W7 and Linux Mint for different uses. OSX is a much faster navigating OS, especially for a laptop. The gestures and shortcuts all make for a flowing work experience.

17. i dont have a mac or use that site so whatever?!?!

18. I don't. Care to explain? As far as I can tell, you're making a lot of assumptions about me based on the computer I own.

19. damn... everyone hates macs here?

i've never had a good PC. my parents always buy cheap, refurbished POS computers that last 2 years then blow up. In school, I used a macbook all the time a loved it. So, being biased, I bought a macbook pro a few years ago. I know now that all PCs don't suck, my parents just always chose to buy shitty computers. :rolleyes: I really like my mac though, so w/e... granted, I've never used a good PC, so I can't make a fair comparison.

20. oh the irony flows strong from this one...:p