ma grow box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by lman_15, Nov 19, 2003.

1. are there any lights dat r easier 2 use? like ones dat u can just plug in 2 regular sockets?

2. Compact floros.

3. so i could buy like 5 24 walt compact fluros and dat would be enough energy 4 ma plant and easy 2 set up right? like could i just sqrew it in2 any kind of outlet thing dat u screw ligths in2?

4. Yes you can just screw them in. YOu wnat to mount them horixontaly and haev them as one unit that moves up and down as the plant grows.

5. yo hippie john could u draw me a detailed grow room desaign ma box will be 24 inches high 12 inches wide and 12 inches deep and i will be using scrog so if u could get da grow box designs done b4 da endo on the weekend dat would be good. i will use 5 24 walt flurous lights and 2 computer fans. so it would be good if u could get does 4 me? also if i wanted 2 i could just get some old lamps and take da thing dat u screw da lights in2 and sqrew da flurous in2 it? also what r compact flurous and r compact flurous da size of regular light bulbs or how big r they and how much 4 1?

6. john aint no bodys bitch unless you pay.. Do your own work. a fan a light and a pot! as simple as that!

7. ok ok... but could i just plug 5 24 walt compact flurous into any light sockets? 4 example could i take some old lamp light sockets and plug a 24 walt compact flurous in? would it work?

8. ya you can they sell cord/socket jobers for pretty cheep at probably wallmart or u could go to your local ace hardware n get it... lol god i love ace :) but amen to this bitch unloading all this shit on john and saying i need it done by nowish... usless fuck do your own figureing its your bud use your own god amn brain...... it seems like if your not willing to put the time into initial plans to start your bud it aint gonna be good bud for shit.. i mean look at me ive spent over 25 manhours and damn near 2 grand setting up my grow box... its gonna be pimp as hell and i KNOW for a god damn fact ill grow some damn nice shit in there...... so remember.. haha.. God helps those who help themselvs.

.... damn it

9. yo so would 2 computer fans and 5 24 walt flurous work good? also how high up should da scrog screen be from da bottom of da grow box (its 24 inches high).

10. soil depth 7" soil to screen 6" buds 3-5" tall, after you learn how to train better (after a few grows) you should get the buds to aorund 3" since CFls dont penetrate any deeper then 3 into the canopy. And finaly 2" for the CFl so add it up you have 18-20 and the one last factor wich is bud-light space is 4-2" wich os perfect for CFl's.

Get a box make a carbon filter with a gladware container. First burn allot of 1/2" holes in the bottom of the gladware, get some aquarium poly (fluffy white stuff for tank filters) and put a thin layer on the bottom to stop the carbon from falling through. Lay down 1"-2" of carbon or however much gets the job done. thnput a 1/2" layer of poly to filter out any of the big dust paricles so your carbon dosent get cloged up with big particles. you want to gave a minimal 1" airgap between the poly and the lid so the fan can work. Hot glue the fan to the top so its pulling the air out of the filter. Hot glue the bottom of the container to the box and you have simple, but effecive carbon filter. If you evee need to change the carbon juts remove the lid/fan asembly and change the filters. 2 of these filters would be awesome but one may just get the job done if you have the extra fan go for it because you will already have lots of extra carbon and poly.

11. yo srry but i don't really get what u just said whats wit all da numbers r u talkin bout inches or how far away from da bottom of da box or what?

12. im talking about height of the diffrent things like the buds, plant, soil, light and space from bud to lights.

13. how high up should da screen b from da bottom of da box?

14. the screen can be anywhere from 4 - 10" above the top of the soil/hydroponic container, basicially whatever your comfortable working with....

15. yo does any 1 have any ideas or anything i could buy 2 get rid of the smell? like something u could buy at walmart or something i could build?

16. yo r flurous the same as flourencent lights? like are flurous a short forum 4 flourencent lights?

17. yes a flouro is a flourecent light.... and a CFL is a compact flourecent light, the type you screw into a regualar lamp socket...

18. ya so would 4-6 cfls work?