ma grow box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by lman_15, Nov 19, 2003.

1. thats for you to find out. cant you just grow in your room liek is a closet or somthing

2. ma closet don't got an outlet but i could grow in ma room... it would be safer 2 grow down stairs but ma room would work 2... any ideas for security aside from a lock?

3. run a cord into your closet.

4. the best way for security isnt a lock... a lock will accually blow your cover... the best security is stealth... make it look like an everyday object.... hide in plain sight....

and yes, 4 flouors wont get ya a big harvest but it will work, i was just using 4 as a minimum.... fit as many as ya can in there, and make some pop can reflectors...

just remember .... hide in plain site.....

(and look around for a 70w HPS security light)

5. if i run a cord from ma room 2 ma closet ma mom wit get really suspesius... even do she neva go in she some times nocks and comes in and asks me shit and she will say y is there a cord from ur room 2 ur closet and probubly inspect da area... what could i say? yo how do u make pop can reflectors what do dey look like any links?

6. http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1477

or make them lik i did for my veg setup cutting ionn the top and botom completely and attach the reflector to the wall. My way works allot better at reflecting the light

Attached Files:

7. yea i can do dat i will try 2 do it dis weekend... but if i did put it in ma closet wahts a good excuse 4 having cords goin in2 ma closet?

8. yea i can do dat i will try 2 do it dis weekend... but if i did put it in ma closet wahts a good excuse 4 having cords goin in2 ma closet? also i thought u said u can't grow wit flouors? also would 6 26 walt lights be enough and could 2 computer fans cool it down...?

9. yeah that should be fine, but just keep an eye on temps, try and aim for about 75f.....

10. yo instead could i use 2 70 walt hps lights?

11. Just get a 150w Hps security light for much cheaper then 2 70w. And it will yeild more since its more effecient.

12. and remember that just because a 70 or 150w HPS bulb screws into a standard socket, it need to have its ballast, capacitor, and ignitor to work... you cant just screw it into a lamp and turn it on....

13. yo what can u plug it into? and were can u buy dem?

14. buy a 150w HPS security light... then wire a plug onto the end of the wires coming out... black to black, white to white, and green to whatever other color is coming from the fixture.....

15. could i just use 2 70 walt hps lights? cuz i have a thing dat u can sqrew dem in2 and it says 70 walts max so i could just u 2 of em would it work?

16. even a 70w HPS light needs its own ballast, capacitor, and ingnitor..... you'll have to obtain 2 70w HPS security lights, you cant just screw the bulb into a regular socket....

17. yo so if i buy a 150 walt hps security light what else would i need 2 buy and were can u buy dem?

18. so if i bought 2 hps security lights den i could just scqrew it in2 a regular lights socket? rigth?

19. so if i got 2 70 walt hps security lights i could just plug it in2 a regualer socket right?

20. no they dont run off regular voltage they need a ballast box! you buy a security light fixture and strip the usable parts out.