M

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by closet_hippy, Mar 2, 2009.

1. #1 closet_hippy, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
    what do you think of this box? i dont have a second place for a mother so i would just flower them and collect the seeds the first time. after that i would just use the seeds in the grow net things. in essence this is a large bubble bucket that can fit 4 plants.

i forgt the tube from the other fan

how big of intake and exaust fans would i need?
    how mant watts of light would i need total for all 4 plants?

thanks

[​IMG]

edit:i screwed up the title. sorry

2. You want intake down low and exhaust up high (or at least the intake for the exhaust up high), because heat rises so this will help you vent heat out.

If I read your plan correctly, you'll need more light than 2 CFLs per plant. Get a 250w or 400w HID. If you go with the 250w you might also want to supplement with CFLs.

4 plants in a 2x2 footprint is very tight, I can do 4 in 2.5x2.5 but only with some tips and tricks learned along the way, I doubt I could have managed that when i was starting out.

You're planning to collect seeds -- what exactly is your plan? You need females pollinated from males to get seeds. What if you get very lucky and end up with 4 females?

3. how many plants would you recommend then? 3 or 2?

and if i get lucky with 4 females i will just blaze up and hope for a male next time

4. It's hard to recommend a number because it is so dependent on your space and layout. You could do 4 in there -- but think about how you are going to tend to the ones in the back. Can you reach in there easily? Can you move the plants out easily? It's about more than just if they will fit, it's also about being able to work with them.

5. the bucket that holds the water isnt gonna be attached so i can just slide it out and tend to the ones in the back