M-Theory & LSD(somewhat serious epiphany)

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Mr. Dank, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Ok so I was watching the Stephen Hawking show last night with my girl and we just got
    done smoking a fat blunt:hello: and I came to a realization. Now Im a undergrad engineering
    student at UD and ive taken a few physics and psycology classes so I'm by no means an expert

but this shit really interests me.

So in the video they are talking about how if m-theory is right then it requires a higher

dimensional universe, where some of the dimensions could be too small for us to see and some

could be larger than our perception of the universe today. Now when they tried to explain these

smaller dimensions, I began thinking that what they were trying to explain sounded very similar to

the patterny visuals you get when you take acid or shrooms.

Also in a few of the psyc classes Ive taken I remember the professor explaining how our brains

have evolved in different stages.(I think were at the 5th or 6th one right now) And also that once

we evolve into the next stage we will be able to percieve things in new ways. (examples were like

telequenesis sp* and stuff but idk.)

So is there any way that when we take psycadelics we are entering our next level of

conciousness and are able to see these other dimensions? What do you guys think, sorry for the

horrible spelling/grammar. Let me know if my idea is unclear lol.

2. Idk but I know with shrooms there was some telepathy shit going on... I also can read body language like 10x better from this one shroom trip

3. Yeaaah no doubt, on shrooms me and my friend always somewhat read each others minds, or at least we're thinking the exact same thing :smoking:

4. hmmm seems possible. But if you really want to see other dimensions, try dmt. I've never tried it, but from what it sounds like, dmt is the closest thing to that imo.

although I have seen time before while on shrooms...

5. In short, YES

6. I think we're really just turning knobs in our brain that produce the illusion of a separate reality (because our perception of reality is really an 'illusion' in itself)...

Our brain takes in signals from external stimuli and then processes it and makes it into one cohesive experience. All we're doing is changing the settings in our brain. It's like taking a camera and putting a filter on it or changing the saturation - we're not changing the outside world, but just altering how the input is represented in the end.

Unless some drug allows us to see beyond the 'visible' spectrum then I don't really think it's exposing anything other than our own brains chemistry and complex interactions of neurons.

7. Well put.

Also, if these hallucinations were really the sights/sounds of other dimensions/universes, I wouldn't be able to manipulate them, would I?

I love hallucinogens because they open the mind to new perspectives, including auditory and visual, but the most important are the new mental perspectives hallucinogens allow you to "see."

They allow you to find amazement in everything you "see." Which, in turn, allows you to be interested in many new things; maybe you'll find yourself one with nature, and therefore make you respect it somewhat deeper.

They send you through a speedwarp of thoughts and idea's, and cause analysis and questioning of already formed thoughts or ideas, creating, in essence, critical thought(although it may be hard to remember.:p)

To quote libertarian(sorry I couldn't find the original post)
    "For me it's like the mental equivalent of rock-climbing. Sure I could just go for a jog, that's exercise too, but would it really be as fun?

In this way I believe it's insightful - you'll never really known if you can run a marathon until you try, and you'll never really know if you can reason your way out of insanity until you've seen the colors bleed from the microchips that tree seems to be wearing where its leaves should be..."

So, to answer your question(in a very round-about way, and for that I apologize) I don't believe it's opening you up to a higher dimension, although I do believe it is opening you up to many things.

8. besides, i think youre underestimating the size of these "hidden" dimensions that are potentially tucked within our existance

when they speak of the torus, and use the example of the donut, theyre not referring to that relative size, just the shape. we're talking sub-atomic small, and there's no hallucinogen that will enable you to see this with the naked eye.

there's plenty of drugs that can make you think you can, or percieve an ability to do so, but it would be false :D

what is more likely the culprit of your visualizations is the "misfiring" of neurons....as the signal is transferred and interpretted by your brain, the substance can alter both the pathway and the outcome

9. #9 Mr. Mojorising, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
    According to Hawking himself "M theory unites all five string theories as well as super gravity, within a single theoretical framework ,which is not yet fully understood."

It implies there may be many many universes curled up that are so small we could never enter them and possibly never even be able to measure there existence.

Good stuff nerveless. I just hope Sir Hawking remains alive we need him and he has not been doing so well lately. The experts said he would be dead long ago.

Check out the LHC

Forget about DMT lately fantasy has removed the insight from these drugs that were once inspiration. Please dont buy that easy ticket to LA LA Land and if you do remember it has nothing to do with science or fact.

Peace

10. I like your member name..... thats why I chose it like 4 years ago. J/k... kinda. There is only one MoJo here. :devious:

lol

11. uummmmm i think w/ time and evolution anything can happen, maybe the whole world should shroom for like 500 years straight and we'll be on some extra dimesion time travel type shit

12. You guys think some crazy shit would happen if every single person on earth took shrooms or lsd at the same time?

13. No, I don't think anything especially profound would happen.

What if everyone was drunk or high at the same time?

Other than people maybe feeling closer to each other, I don't think anything special would happen....

It would just be a distraction from the everyday scramble of society....

14. Yeah your probably right, although I would like to shroom in a large room of about a hundred people lol maybe start a huge bongo circle.

15. #15 futhamucka, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
    Not big on lsd being a mind opener to alternate universes, I am open to them causing awesome visualizations and colors though :)

Try this for size:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQe0oiaBssg&feature=related"]YouTube- What the bleep do we know? Down the rabbit hole. part 4[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFqgSf7GDjI&feature=related]YouTube - What the bleep do we know? Down the rabbit hole. part 3[/ame]

I'm a huge believer in Entanglement.

There is a torrent out there for 'what the bleep', pretty cool shit :)

16. So are these entanglement theories contradicting m-theory or could they be connected. Like the example of the electrons going through the two slots, could m-theory explain that if it is proven right?

17. In short M-Theory, shit, if we even end up with one more dimension physics would change as we know it!... but yes I think entanglement and m-theory are connected and will explain a lot of phenomena we can see but not explain, Dark MAtter being one of the critical ones.

Ahhh the slots :) yes that is quite interesting. It's basically a cancellation of the wave function when the particle is measured. I think this is related to the Uncertainty Principle.

Something that gives some inclination towards a multiverse is Gravity. Gravity is actually quite weak when compared to the other forces. A few people think that the reason Gravity is so weak in comparison is due to it losing more energy as it passes through the different dimensions (or something like that).

Have you looked into chaos yet? There are some very cool documentaries on chaos theory. BBC Life of Chaos is one to get you started.

Sorry for the ramble but it's one of my favorite 'hobbies'.

18. The what the bleep movie do not promote valid science. On the contrary it promotes pseudo-science and misrepresents by design or ignorance actual valid science in order to push their own new-age cultist agenda.

If you really want to learn something (the easy way :p ) about Quantum Mechanics, physics and M-Theory, I'd suggest looking up on video.google.com documentaries and talks by Michio Kaku, Brian Cox, Lawrence Krauss and Brian Greene.

As for drugs, they only change your perception of reality. It do not give you access to other aspects of reality or anything like that. One may or may not think new things under the influence. Make mental connections one would hardly do if sober. But that is just being creative for a large part without the conscious self being a moderator.

Which is fine for arts. Part of why so many, if not most, artists tend to have some dependency issue or other.

19. I gotta say I don't believe LSD, or mushrooms are capable of letting you see other worlds

Like people say, they're just tweaking aspects of this one.
    However, I am open minded that large doses of DMT go beyond altering a state of mind's settings, I think its possible high doses of dmt actually allow you to tap into some non local information

maybe even allow you to be in two different realities at once, the reality that sustains your consciousness and one possibly billions of miles away but the information transfer would probably have to be instantaneous

SO maybe on high doses of DMT you consciousness can experience different moments in space AND time

I do not think this is an impossibility
    I mean, the sun did make us in his image of light
    and dmt is pretty much a product of the endocrine system
    you would think something whose production is affected by light
    might actually link us to the light that created us

of course this is just my opinion...
    there is always a lot of room for us to be wrong