Lux Mini Beaker troubles

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by killmanjaro, Jan 26, 2010.

1. I love this bong. I picked it up for 150 and I don't regret buying it at all. Only thing is it seems to have a good bit of drag. I'm not sure if its because I'm not used to smoking out of a perced bong or if it's some other variable. I used to smoke out of an ADS bubble bottom and found it cleared easily, but with my Lux I find it has to much drag to clear in a quick manner. Filling the bong with smoke is no problem but once it comes to clearing it, it seems to take a lot of force to get it to clear in a timely manner. I'm not sure if it's just that I'm not used to clearing a perced bong or not. What do you guys think?

Also mine didn't come with a diffused downstem like I've heard many of them do. The downstem is a Lux downstem but it isn't diffused. Is that abnormal? haha

2. How much water do you put in the base and the tree arm chamber? To get the least amount of drag make sure the water level is just barely above the downstem. As for the tree perc, you want the water level to be just above the highest slit in the tree.

3. are you sure you have a lux?

i have a lux mini beaker. its like breathing, not what you would call drag.
    even with an a/c it hits fine.

your water levels are for sure off

4. As far as I know its a real Lux. Its got the Lux emblem and looks like every Lux I've seen online. The water in the bottom is like 2 inches high off the bottom and the water in the perc is just above the highest slit. I'm basing the clearing speed off videos I've seen here on GC and on Youtube. I've seen people clear it almost instantly and mine just doesn't clear as quickly.

5. Ha, idk then man. Maybe post a video of you milking it/clearing it so we can see if you are somehow doing something wrong? Or maybe you just have weak lungs, haha.

6. I've been thinking about it. I think since I smoked out of the ADS for so long I got used to the way it cleared. I've noticed in the videos I've watched they seem to put a little force in their inhales. I don't have any bud to test my hypothesis so that will have to wait but I believe this to be a possibility.