Lung irritation. Better way?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by TheGreen13, Jun 14, 2020.

1. So I've been Vaping Cannabis for a couple years now. It seems lately my lungs are getting irritated and its hard to breath at times. I'm guessing sucking in plant material into your lungs is not that healthy even if we are Vaping and not smoking.

I've been trying to go the edible route by earing my save AVB for now to give my lungs a break but its just not the same. I like the fast relief time and feel I get from vaping Cannabis over edibles. Edibles take too long and give me a more groggy feeling which is great before bed not during the day.

At times I even wonder if my Cannabis is getting mold or mildew and thats whats doing it being i live in a humid area even though I store it with humidity packs. I don't see any on it. But there's so many tri comes its hard to tell.. don't know.

I use a water pipe with my vaporizer but its a small 7 inches. Maybe a big water piper with a better shower head type filter system would work better?? I don't know.

How is vaping concentrates? Is that cleaner and easier on the lungs over Flower? I need to figure something out as I take it medically for my condition and it helps a lot. If not I guess ill just stick to edibles.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Some will tell you to quit smoking and then I'll say don't be a quitter. No matter what you do you're going to have a little bit of an issue I find just smoke and strong s*** keeps me from smoking every 5 seconds gets me really high when I walk away for a little while. Dabbing Granny on Instagram the only one that's got me beat

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'm Vaping not smoking. And the Strains I Vape are around 25% THC give or take. So I only take around 3 hits at a time. Still get lung irritation. Would a better water pipe help?

4. I invested in a desktop with it going through a basic bong. Edibles are what I mainly use and it takes awhile to build up tolerance to take them 3 times a day but there is no as needed when it takes 90+ minutes to get working.

The vape is easy but it’s got as needed herb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Sounds like you like edibles better now. I like them myself but it just seems like it takes awhile to kick in and they last a long time. Basically if I take them during the day I can't drive anywhere.

Im using a hand held for vaping. Boundless CF to be exact. If I knew a desk top was better and a better water pipe would work id spend the money. Just don't know if that would really make a big difference or not?

6. Salutations TheGreen13,

When i started using my HerbalAire that was called vaporizing, while vaping was about e-Cigs. These days the distinction gets blurred, because of the newer generations i suppose.

The HerbalAire gradually caused me similar discomfort after 6 months, then i quit using it after ~25 months.

A couple conditioning experiments convinced me to stay away from Hot Dry Air Ovenizers, so i bought my 1st VaporGenie pipe (in 2012) which i actually gave away after 1 week, then the next year i decided to stick to it and reconfigure it until i'm satisfied that i can fully operate it wihout a need for sprinter lungs... The item prompting me to invest a fair amount of resources on this problem was "Inlet Water" and i wasn't deceived, then began my exploration of a "Pulse Heating" Hybrid Core compatible with Induction Heat, since there's contaminants associated to the butane can and butane lighter. It turns out Dan Steinberg, inventor of the VaporGenie, had chosen some "space-age" material for his pipe when it got patented, in the Y2K era... Yet today i find SiC Foam absolutely unavoidable for such mission. In any case i can say in retrospective that post-vaporisation moisturization wasn't equivalent to "Inlet Water" as the later is extra-hot exhaust gases captured from the corona of a butane "jet" flame: although it's water in both scenarios one form actually carries significantly more energy while the other absorbs it. Which becomes evident when experimenting with "Micro-Bursting" as i called it.

Me too, the difference is that i fixed it over a year ago - practically in total indifference i must add as there's been plenty of negativists but ZERO volunteers to spend around 100 $ on a DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW challenge, over a nearly indestructible pipe with enhanced properties compared to the original.

Unfortunately electricity and water don't mix well it seems, from the manufacturer's viewpoint i figured...

The "Micro-Bursting" consumption method & ritual is also synonymous of "Micro-Dosing", each puff "costs" about 20 ~ 30 mg of shredded cannabis flower - extra dry as it appears humidity in my bowl partly defeats the "Inlet Water" advantage. Contrary to a Volcano or portable ovenizer very little "baking" is allowed to take place between 2 tokes, which promotes "conservation" besides perhaps a convenient separation of the steps involved, hence potentially giing access to precursors that come with equally useful properties.

Take note my customized pipe is only pretending to be a "Plan-B" offering to provide a "window" on future promisses free of all butane-related contaminants, which is why i called it a "Prototyping Platform", since i wouldn't recommend a life-long use of it even after such extensive transformation. I hope someday a manufacturer will have sympathy for the tiny market people as you and i may represent, when it happens you'll get precision "Micro-Dosing" that brings secondary/tertiary denaturation to a practical minimum, just don't hold your breath meanwhile.

Implementation of IH-driven "Inlet Water" may require many more years of experimentation which i can no longer endure, if it ever happens this will most likely come from elsewhere, hopefully the VaporGenie manufacturer himself, but far too late to be of use to me and perhaps you as well i'm afraid.

But the day it arrives i suspect my present customization may do wonders in a sauna...

Provided the bowl is always crispy-dry, that is.

Excellent, i figured one of the nice features with "Micro-Bursting" is that i target tiny contact-surfaces preferably, which gives a practical "handle" to perform enough differenciation to valorize noble trichome glands while rejecting not-so-noble infusions (and potential contaminants...) from a vegetal substrate where circulating substances ain't filtered on a molecular basis - which by the way makes trichome glands the most cost-effective quality-filtered form of packaging imaginable, available directly from mother Nature.

That's also why i consider ovenizing as "VILIFICATION": e.g. an abomination unless you need deep extraction with its cortège of trade-offs rarely playing in the user's own interest...

Early in my quest for a proper method i tried what i tagged as the "FogBong!", which was a delightful revelation initially, then i realized it took its toll even further and faster, by promoting intense abuse, because it was just too easy.

Today i follow some simple guiding principle: i go with "The Shortest Path of Transformation" and avoid the rest, especially using a Hot Dry Air Ovenizer. Alternately, e-Cigs are another story as these apparently involve a similar "Potentialization" effect as that observed with my customized VG pipe, plus moisturization if i'm not mistaking. IMO you may want to test e-Cigs but only if the concentrate source can be trusted - which is can be a severe trade-off with 3rd-parties involved (think of USA's recent "vaping deaths" crisis!)...

<_<

Although i wouldn't even bother using an ovenizer i might want to check e-Cigs someday, but my intuition is that this may feel similar to the FogBong! after a week or 2. Go wonder. Instead i much prefer to focus on trichome glands which function like an army of microscopic factories that can only suffer from 3rd-party interventions.

It's not the delivery package that makes us miserable, it's the consumption method & ritual ruining everything noble. Hence the term i adopted, vilification, serving everyone else but the end consumer himself IMHO.

Having to deal with "medical" doses i'd say even my customized pipe's usefulness has limitations. But it's certainly a nice way to avoid total abstainance, which is probably the next option left for me unless i can get "Bi-Energy" and "Inlet Water" integrated (in a sauna if i must anyway!)...

So i wish you luck exploring new perspectives, i started my search in 2010 and reached conclusions almost a decade later after spending well over a couple thousand dollars on it. So please promise you'll spare yourself from the agravation.

Good day, have fun!! :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Just use a bong vapes are ass tried them hoping for something cleaner would just rather use bong

8. Holy sh$t. Lol. I just got done trading stocks and my brain is scrambled. Then i attempted to read this. I'm going to have to read this again later when I can comprehend everything in it. Sounds like oven style Vaporizers suck and your trying to invent something better? Sorry its just a lot to take in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I use my vape with a bong. I have the attachment piece for it. I think I might need a better bong. I just have a 7 inch bubbler perck style. Maybe more water filtration will do it. And one that I can fit ice in.

10. I have a pulmonary background and that sales type anecdote lost me.

Yes, I am good using oil. It did take 3 straight weeks to titrate in order to be somewhat functional. That’s not too much as I’m medically retired, but you can very easily overdue edibles and lose a day.

Lungs are a very difficult way to safely administer anything through as they were meant for basic external respiration, and that’s it. We’ve modified them to act similar to skin and digestive systems introducing other things but especially hot and dry air filled with oil vaporized. But it’s better than having the excess products of combustion in the draw.

Moisture, yes, clean and cool water in the bong and using clean silicone. It may ge a pain but a bit of prevention,...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 Egzoset, Jun 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    Hi again TheGreen13,

There's absolutely no need when you can have a diaporama instead. For that please consider a couple collections i posted on Flickr and Google Photos (try "Semi-DiY" and "Egzoset" as keywords), or just keep reading further!

Lets start with the "Inlet Water" thing:

[​IMG]

IMO that's a bit similar to extra-hot exhaust gases (H2O + CO2) from clean-burning butane. Popular Hot Dry Air Ovenizers just don't offer an equivalent "Potentializer" like it. As for the steam & carbonic gas it's similar to a soft drink except for their relative ratio(s).

But i can't deny there's also "impurities" found in butane cans on top of those from butane lighters, hence you may prefer distilled water instead:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cold fog from a "Mist Maker" can be "injected" into your cannabic stream in a controlled manner, actually very little moisture is necessary to gain the beneficial effects i previously described. But like all tubing contraptions it requires maintenance, so extra caution must be used to prevent a repulsive and unhealthy colonisation of such ustensile...

My next illustrations circumvent that risk by depending on boiling water which is hot enough to sterilize the moisturization path, with thermal exchange inside the glass ustensile to render it safe for inhalation. Please take note i yet had to implement controlled "moisture injection" in that other version:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can imagine it may feel more involving to launch this other type of "session" than pick some customized VaporGenie pipe to simply toke 'n forget:

[​IMG]

No need to cary water around, nor expose delicate glass parts to accidents... This will fit a razor-size pouch, almost any pocket depending on expected autonomy.

The fact is i only pretend offering a conceptual extension of Steinberg's patented intellectual property:

[​IMG]

Be warned the VaporGenie manufacturer didn't retain these ideas and wishes NOT to get bothered with it, on the contrary: so it's strictly a DiY project requiring brave VG owners, willing to duplicate & peer review (...), who are actually ready to null VG's waranty. Yet i promise it's worth the time & effort or i wouldn't have destroyed and given away a dozen units just to make it perfect, nearly 7 years later:

[​IMG]

Anyway that's a mature solution inclusive enough for marginal needs as what you seemed to describe.

Good day, have fun!! :D

12. triple perc bongs all day long

• Like Like x 1
  13. I definitely would love a device that produces REAL vapor. I feel like the Vaporizers on the market just produce a thinner smoke. And its not real vapor. I could be wrong but it smells like smoke to me and still bothers my lungs after a couple uses. And I use mine on the lowest setting.

14. Any good ones you recommend? If they really make a difference I'm game.

15. I've personally never been a fan of vaping. I know they say it's healthier or whatever, but it's just not as satisfying to me for some reason. Also vaping gets me coughing and I can't ever seem to stop. It's not like the typical cannabis cough either, it's like the type of cough you'd expect if you swallowed liquid and it went down the wrong way. Smoking actually gives me less irritation from my own experience. I've noticed I cough up much less phlegm when smoking hash, because hash has less overall plant matter in it. You're essentially getting a better medicine to plant ratio. But edibles is the only guaranteed way to completely eliminate lung irritation.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Does your throat ever hurt after vaping? Mine always does.

17. Does your throat ever hurt after vaping? Mine always does.

18. Can't say for sure, it's been years since I've even touched a vape. The coughing alone was enough for me to quit. From what I remember about the overall experience it just kind of sucked. I could never seem to get a satisfying drag off it, and I would be coughing my lungs out.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Do you strictly use just edibles now?

20. I do both, edibles and smoke. I normally make a lot of hash and only keep about a ounce or two of bud, but it really just all depends on what my harvest looks like. I always tailor what I do depending on my final yield. If my grow is small (under 1000 grams) I won't even make hash, I'll just do edibles and bud.

• Like Like x 2