Lunar Eclipes

Discussion in 'General' started by jamesnb, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Fuckin clouds man!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. Just ran outside to check it out. And complete fucking cloud cover. Living in the northeast sucks big dick.

It ain't easy bein' cheesy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Check out the link.  It's a great picture.

4. Cali man wish I had a camera that could capture the sky with such brilliance literally not a cloud in the sky

5. If I knew how to post a pic from my phone I'd show you all!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. It's pink mang!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Just walked outside. It looks red here. Weird.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Man been always wanting to see an eclipes with my own eyes but never have the chance. Hope i do one day tho.

9. This was the first of a tetrad series. There will be one on October 8th, and then two more between then and september

"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

• Like Like x 1
  10. 8( didn't find out until this morning 8(

Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. O yea im definitely catching one of those then. Shit would be awesome

12. I... Fell asleep lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Finmmmn

• Like Like x 3
  13. How in the fuck could ancient civilizations predict lunar and solar eclipses before they had at their disposal correct mathematical models of the relative motions of the bodies involved?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Saros cycle and patterns in eclipse records

Good answer! And I suppose you almost have to be right. After all, those Chaldeans were some pretty astute sky observers and that was like 500 or 600 BC. I didn't realize that they only had to detect a cycle of around 18 years. Probably only a century or so of recorded observations, time stamped by sunset counts or whatever method of time keeping was prevalent, would've been sufficient for them to have spotted the pattern. I wonder if the Egyptians had also been aware of the cycle, but only thousands of years BC instead of just hundreds?

• Like Like x 1
  16. I know I didn't get to see shit and sleep through my alarm that i set for 2 am so I missed the whole fucking thing. Fuck my life

17. Weren't the Egyptians able to predict the flooding of the Nile by star positions? Maybe they could have noticed the Saros too.

18. Was stormy last night here, couldn't see a damn thing!

19. Missed it. Fuck. Love the avi, op.

'Too blessed to be stressed'