Lumen/Watts

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by _megan_reyna_, Mar 23, 2018.

1. This is my first grow. I'm IMG_20180322_160348.jpg only using 1 bulb on each plant at the moment. They are 800 lumen 8.5w LED. They seem to be doing well. But Is this even enough light? How much light bulbs will I need? Are these even the right bulbs?

Attached Files:

2. How big of a space are you planning on growing in and how many plants do you have?

3. I only have two plants and they are growing in a rubber maid grow box type of thing I made. But it's like 2ft wide and 1ft tall. But I really do wish to yield a lot of bud.

4. #4 CBDBurner, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2018
    Ok, do you plan on flowering in the tub as well. If so your gunna need to focus on training and keeping the plants extremely low. You can add as much light as you want as long as you can control environment ( tempature/humidity). I’d add light as you need it and just watch tempature. Is there anyway to stack two of those rubbermade containers on top of each other to give ya some more height?
    Dirt Man Dan
    Check this guy out

5. I'm not sure. I could move them to a closet if needed.

6. I will get another rubber maid and try it out. But for sure I'll check him out. Thank you for the advice. :)

7. What size pot are you planning on transplanting them too?

8. I have no idea I have two 5gal buckets... But they don't fit in the box... So I dunno lol I would have to move them to a closet.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Check into smart pots they are smaller and come in 5 gal

10. Do all the research you can on these forums. Find a grower growing your style and feel free to ask questions.
    Research research research.

11. thank you so much, I will. :)

12. With two plants you will need a minimum of 250 actual watts - not equivalents.

13. Hps IMO

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V7 using Tapatalk

14. [​IMG]

23--26 actual watt = 100 watt equivalent.
    Daylight Color = 6500k (look close at the box as most are 2700K and soft white = red and that sucks to veg.)
    Buy Name brand GE, Sylvania, Phillips, you get more bang for your lamps.
    Been there done the side by side with cheap lamps.
    Get a pair of lamps right down on top of the little squirts.

Overwatering = Number one cause of new grower deaths and fails.
    Overthink and love them to death.
    [​IMG]
    If that is a plastic pot you can just lift it to tell when it's thirsty.
    Ceramic is a lot tougher to judge as the pot itself is a hefty load and harder for your hand to tell the weight change between wet and dry.
    3x3x3 inch square plastic nursery pots are how I start and let them get 6-8 inches tall before transplanting.
    Square pots promote better root branching and I don't have the big coil of tap root a round pots causes nor do I get much transplant shock either this way.

BNW

15. Good advice^^..
    BTW: I use these DIY air pots for extended veg..No root circling and I have flowered a Female that I am turning now to male in one..<$1 each and my soldering iron.
    Pretty prego..LOL
    air pot 2.JPG 3-14-18 Cackleberry CS treated clone.JPG

16. Sweet looking plant. I've only pushed a plant through flower in a small pot once as a contest deal. Way to hard here to keep it wet enough.
    Ya the CFLs are not a bad lamp, Fool proof as it has to actually touch to burn. It'll get a fair veg and the OP can decide later to flower under it or step up in lighting.
    BNW

17. It worked so well and I have more than enough different clones..I will flower a few in those small pots just for seeds..(I hope)..Using a separate 2x4x6 tent for this dangerous mission LOL (ladies in flower in a room next door..again separate 3x3x6)
    Hope the OP checks out those QBs..I am down to one Burple myself in favor of QBs and a couple of Photon Sunboards..I have a bunch of lights..BUT FOR SEEDLINGS..CFL's for me!!:)

18. I have same type of lighting different spectrum, but 39,800 lumens which equates to 423 true led wattage used. Again I'm running all 25k, 3k, 4k, 5k led at once nothing special and one cheap as blurple 490nm 640nm led like 15 w and this what I have so far. Less watering w led s. Ffof soil, ffof grow big for veg right now. Last training w mix of topping and fimming. Bubba kush, Turkish delight, peppermint kush, and g13. Non stop music feed for the ladies as well.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

19. Sorry bad typing.....2.5k not w
    25k. LST TRAINING NOT LAST. Apologize going to fast

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

20. take your time just like the plants do take your time plants dont grow overnight we all want them to but :/ they dont