lumatek ballasts======junk!!!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by bimmerragtop, Apr 11, 2011.

1. stay away from the lumatek ballasts....i bought 2 1000w's at 400 each....one worked about 3 months and the other about 6....waste of money....they don't honor their warranty...basically..lumatek has no warranty.....lumatek is in england....they do not have any offices or personnel in the united states.....they do not answer the phone and you leave a message that is not replied to....you can send them email, but that too will be ignored....lumatek is a shitty company with shitty products and no waranty....they do spend more money on advertising than anyone else....makes sense since they build the worst products on the market....so they are not putting any money into the product....i got ripped off by lumatek....don't let it happen to you!!!!!!!!!

2. I just sent in my two year old ballast to Lumatech and they sent me a brand new switchable one free of charge. You sure you called the right number?

3. Sounds like whoever sold them to you ripped you off, not Lumatek. I got mine from indoorgrowsource.com for $310 a piece and one didn't work right from the start but indoorgrowsource sent me a freshy with a return label for the defective one. Now we are up and running real good.

4. I have lumatek 600W so far so good. If I understand correctly you have to return your ballast to the place where you bought it along with the copy of receipt and they should exchange it, right?

5. I bought mine at dchydro.com and fell beyond their exchange warranty. They told me to contact Lumatek. I called, they answered the phone, gave me a RMA number, and a return address. They sent me a new one right away. The service was real good.

I paid for shipping to them, they paid for the shipping back to me. Got a brand new unit of a better design then the original one I bought. Nothing but good things to say about the service. But having it fail in the first place did not sit real well with me. I will try this new unit out, if it has any issues I will send it back, get a new one, and sell it on Ebay.

6. ...You obviously brought a ballast from a non-reputable business. I have ran lumateks and they have never failed me. Don't down a good product and reputable company, they also have good customer service and a good warranty...don't be mad because you got black balled.

7. I have two 1k's and they have worked flawlessly. Grow shop I got them from said I can bring them back there for up to 3 years if one goes bad and they'll swap it out.