Luckiest break I ever got, but I feel terrible

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by RobRoyy, Feb 17, 2012.

1. So I was enjoying my morning before classes by going on a drive around the edge of town, where lots of farms and what not are, while smoking a delicious 1 gram cone and enjoying a hot cup of coffee. (best way to start the day)

Anywho besides the joint, I had around 2g's in the car, but no paraphenelia. well I must have barely crept over the speed limit, because after a random corner I see the red and blue behind me in my mirror. Immediately I get a case of the "oh shit oh shit oh shits" I put out the j and throw it in my mouth, and reach for the rest of the weed. I couldnt find it in the glovebox! so i was fumbling around by the time the officer stepped out of the car, so I give up fumbling for it and decide to see what happens...

Next thing I know I am staring at this sheriff's deputy, who is a close family friend. It was the most awkward, silent staredown, as we both are very familiar with each other (he is a friend of my parents) and we even have gone camping alot together. As all kinds of crazy thoughts and sceneraios went through my head, he stared and said in the deepest voice, "go home (my name), go straight home and never talk about this." he stepped back to his cruiser, and I drove away...

I am so ridiculously lucky, but I feel terrible, like it will be awkward next time I see him, which is usually around a monthly basis. what do you guys think of the situation.

2. also the car absolutely ranked of weed. you would have to have lost your sense of smell to not notice it.

3. Be thankful he didn't arrest you man, he was doing you a favor although he was serious about it.

Sounds like a nice guy :smoke:

4. Just act like nothing happened when you see him again

5. Yeah man, what a bro :smoke:

6. Next time you see him give him a nice firm handshake and be like "I appreciate it"

7. yeah man your lucky, next time you see him and your alone with him tell him how much you appreciate it and make sure he knows you arent going to tell a soul because he risked his career for you man

8. wow, he's the man!!

9. Give him a firm handshake and a nod, don't bring it up unless he does though.

He did say, "Never talk about it again." For a reason...

10. Id say your beer bitch next time yall go camping.

11. damn man

...suck his dick

12. damn man

...suck his dick

13. dude you got so lucky. dont feel terrible you should be happy that you dont have to go to court nd go on probation for a year. be thankful you can still smoke but take it as a lesson L riding is one of the dumbest things you can do especially with excess weed on you other than what your smoking. L riding can only cause problems. if anything find a spot to smoke outside and then drive next time and you'll have nothing on you to worry about

14. Sounds like hes a pretty cool dude. Just act like it never happened the next time you see him. Don't act all weird and avoid him or anything just shake his hand and don't mention it unless he does. I wouldn't expect him to be so cool about it a second time around so be more careful when driving with bud in the car, especially if you are toking and driving.

I had a similar thing happen to me a year ago, I was driving around smoking a bowl out of my pipe, because I don't like to smoke in my parent's house, and I got pulled over. It turned out to be a guy I went to highschool with and weren't that close but friendly back then. Anyways he was like, "I smell weed, but you're cool so I'm just going to give you a warning for the speeding, see you later."

15. [quote name='"artic"']Next time you see him give him a nice firm handshake and be like "I appreciate it"[/quote]

Don't do this. If you see him, just lock eyes and give him a half-nod of acknowledgement.

16. Give him the "hey, good to see you" before you lock the handshake, then give the appreciative nod...it's perfect.

17. [quote name='"iSmokeLI"']Give him the "hey, good to see you" before you lock the handshake, then give the appreciative nod...it's perfect.[/quote]

I played whole scenario I'm my head...laughed for A good five and realized how high I am. Legit.

18. "go home robroyy, go straight home and never talk about this."

lolololol, sounds like a cheesy movie where in the next scene your running through a field with a shitty forrest gump lookalike smile going on running into the sunset.

19. Haha same thing pretty much happened to me, my boyfriend and I had a few bowl packs in the glove box and we were smoking one like an hour away from where we live, we were up in the mountains just cruising and we got pulled over. Turns out the cop who stopped us somehow knew my boyfriend's cousin and let us go even though the car reeked and he was like, "Your eyes look all crazy, next time get some Febreeze and be careful on your way home because you two won't be so lucky." That dude was awesome.

20. Lucky luck.
    Nothing needs to be said, he understands what he did for you. And I'm sure you FULLY know what hes done for you.