lucid dreaming

Discussion in 'General' started by jammin, Feb 21, 2007.

1. anyone here have a lucid dream before or no anyone whos had one?

2. no, but i did look at that website, it looked pretty interesting

3. Best experience ever!

4. i've had a few lucid dreams, it was very cool. I have a friend who studies it and came do it almost every night.

5. i've had one once, i read somewhere you have to ask yourself 'am i dreaming?' several times a day and then eventually you'll ask yourself that when you're sleeping.

well i tried this way back and for several days throughout the day i would ask myself that. well one night when i was dreaming i asked myself that and at that point i was completely aware that i was dreaming, it was so cool. of course the rest of my dream involved a lot of sex haha

6. Fuck sky I forgot what the thread was even about, your signature is so wierd. Is it actually moving? Oh, anyways, my dad has had some lucid dreams before.

7. lmao:hello: toke on bro:D

btw...nothings moving;)

8. hey search " NovaDreamer " in google you can buy one for like 275$ its a little mask that covers your eyes and it realizes when u are in REM and it blinks lights and somehow it makes you aware that you are dreaming, and you have a lucid dream, if i had that amount of money i would definatly buy one....only if someone would buy my left testical..

btw conan o'brien is funny as shit.

9. I can't sleep with a mask on. Camel cigarettes sent me a blindfold/sleeping mask for no reason a while back, so i tried to use it one night, like in those movies from the 50s. Couldn't sleep worth shit. So novadreamer's not for me. pretty bitchin idea though.

Sky, i'ma start trying that am i dreaming thing. I'll post my results.

10. My friend does it every morning. He doesn't like doing it at night because he ends up lucid dreaming all night by habbit and then not getting any good sleep (level 3 & 4 sleep is where you get all your rest, level 2: REM sleep is where you have dreams, and lucid dreams). But he's pretty good at it and reads a lot about it, he said he mostly walks around and does weird shit and tries to fly a lot but hasn't been able to do it because he can't convince himself that he can REALLY do it and he just wakes up. But he's been doing it for a few months now.

I, myself am too lazy to get into it. I once was able to realize I was a dream and so I wanted to make sure by looking at myself in a mirror (supposedly you turn out all blurry) but I woke up because I got too excited.

11. im high right now and after readin these posts im scared to go to bed now, i had a bad trip on acid once and i dont want anything like that

12. Lol, this is like the 10th lucid dreaming thread. Im getting kind of tired saying the same thing over and over :p

Anyways, I've had roughly ~25 lucid dreams. I have had all of them without a help of a mask. That shit is a ripoff in my opinion, but if you can get your hands on it go ahead.

I can easily say lucid dreaming has givin me the best experiences I will ever live through. And better ones to come.

Go to these websites: www.lucidity.com www.dreamviews.com www.ld4all.com . They all have great, great information.

If you want a book (it helps a lot reading before you go to sleep, or whatever) you can get the best one for $7 on Amazon. Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge.

If you have any questions I will keep track of this thread and hope to answer them.

13. I've had lucid dreams. Just wanted to bump this thread. I actually chose the name Castaneda ala Carlos Castaneda. Never made it through any of his books, but I've read segments. Thinking of these experiences (being able to fly around and being able to have sex that seems real even though you know it's not) my next thought of powerful experiences is going to Epcot center on acid in college with my best friend who'd never done acid. Then I think of the Landmark Forum (if you know what this is, please post so I can have a laugh)! Regular everyday life is outstanding too. My only advice is, respect new age stuff like this, but don't take it too seriously. After all, you can't get objective enough to relax and have a lucid dream if you're concerned about doing so. All you need is to be conscious for one moment while you're dreaming so you're aware you're dreaming. You get what you say, think and expect. So, if you keep talking about it or put a lucid dreaming book by your bed, it'll be on your plate and you'll remember that when you're dreaming eventually. That's about all there is to it, but that's coming from an atheist. That's not to say you can't learn alot about yourself by investigating but ... it's funny how many people have ideas to sell on the topic (not to say some of the stuff isn't worthwhile).