Lucid Dreaming?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by The Young Toker, Dec 10, 2012.

1. What's going on blades? I started this thread because I had remembered having extremely vivid dreams when I was a kid and lately I started having them again. First of all let me describe what the dreams would be like...

I remember falling asleep on my dad's couch and I could see myself... as if I was hovering over my body. Then, a friendly wolf/German Shepard (I couldn't tell) came to me and licked my palm. It brushed past my arm one last time before disappearing into the corridor.

It was pretty cool and to this day I still cannot understand it. Maybe it has something to do with the internet phenomena "smile.jpg/smile dog" (Don't search this. I'm not fucking kidding. If something happens don't blame me.) Another thing I thought, after talking to my mom, was that the wolf may be my Native american spirit animal.

One other terrifying experience for me was when I was introduced to what I call "dream lock", which is when you cannot move your body during sleep and the only part that you can access if your mind. It had happened to me on a number of occasions and every time it happens I lose my shit.

Anyway, I'd like to find out how I can start dreaming like this again.

P.S. If there is already a thread like this, don't bash me for this thread.

2. What is smile.jpg/ smile dog?

3. #3 The Young Toker, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    It's this photoshopped picture of a "demon dog" that supposedly haunts it's viewer's dreams. Description of the dream from witness: You can do nothing but watch a dog (Siberian Huskie/German Shepard?) with a malicious smile say "Spread the word (it wants you to tell more people about it's existence). People who have 'met' the dog usually suffer from epileptic seizures, hallucinations, etc.

4. I found it's quite easy, when your body is tired it goes into this dream state.

Try deprive yourself of sleep for 2 or 3 days, sleep maybe 4 hours or so, on the 3rd/4th day when you do sleep, you will get into this state

5. I found it's quite easy, when your body is tired it goes into this dream state.

Try deprive yourself of sleep for 2 or 3 days, sleep maybe 4 hours or so, on the 3rd/4th day when you do sleep, you will get into this state

6. I want to see this dog but i dont wanna get demonized haha

7. I know right.

8. #10 The Young Toker, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
    It only "haunts" you if you see the original photo.

9. Whaat

10. Ohhh shiiit i looked at the dog

11. let me know how everything works out

12. It works out just fine. I have posters of the dog all above my bed. It is the last thing I see before sleeping and the first thing when I wake up. I haven't had any dreams of this dog yet. And my sanity seems fine.

Not really. But it's all just a scary ghost story. It's not true.

13. So interesting, I try every night it feels like. I dont have success though.

14. #16 uscalus storm, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
    If I could share my story:

PS..ill check that link out in a bit.

Last year fall, I was having incredible states of dreaming that I too haven't had since a kid. These dreams were far fetched, intriguing, and some even offering solutions to problems ( I remember one dealing with plasma and it's ability to be used for travel?).
    Why was I having those dreams? I started smoking more a few months prior because I was no longer in the military. But i dont think it was a cause. I had a late night job and often went to bed between 5-7am. I'd always awake from the girlfriend rustling around between 10-2. Often times it took 30min to go back to bed, and i'd wake every hour or so during this time. Terribly sleep schedule. I'd almost purposely go back to bed with a note pad for the simple reason of recording. I dont have examples of why then it started..because that sleep schedule I had for years..
    What's odd was how quickly I entered REM. I'm ADHD but dont think it affects that at all.

But now, last week I've had a few, two specifically that were long and detailed, 1 which i actually wrote a 1 page spark notes on. But why now? What has given me the ability?
    I haven't smoked at all really in two weeks (too poor). I also started giving up drinking (same reason) but this doesn't compare with last year as I was an avid drinker. I was depressed all of sept-oct and still mildly feel it a bit, but again doesnt match last years events. The past 2-3 weeks I've focused more on myself, reading, hw, and not so much on my social world (friends, drinking, fun things). My sleep schedule has been a little strange lately as I'm up late, wake early, nap in the afternoons or at night for 1-2 hrs. I haven't had any in the past 3 days though. So...
    Kinda curious

PS..I didn't mention what happens prior to sleep. Back then i used to just sleep or play on my phone. Lately i normally read GC or think about people. I know most suggestions say that dreams are based off of deep consciousness. But these dreams I have (sometimes include real people close to me) but the subject matter is completely off. My most recent (the one i wrote down) dealt with a strange murder, a witch (myself) had weird powers and battled spirits who often bothered me, just strange outlandish things that belong in movies...which is why i'm so keen to writing them down. I hope to write something worth while one day. I shall use these as motivation :)

15. Your astral soul is battlin with your inner demons or someone is trying to communicate with u

16. Aint a fan of inner demons...I've battled to attempt to keep those away for years and this past semester hasn't been very positive to say the least.

What kind of person could be communicating? Someone alive and using thoughts? Or dead? I only have one close person that has died in my life that i truly cared about..although I get really emotional in the scene of death, regardless whether I knew the person.

Past two nights..very little sleep i received. I attempted and again, dreams strong as ever. Last one I remember I was back in my home town going down a busier street. I remember a friend of mine brandon, near a place we called rubberville(used to be a tire plant-but is now a low income "ghetto" community), not really sure if we were walking or what. There was a cheetah, who I think basically ran the area. I don't think I was an animal...but brandon may have been? We had a conversation before hand about something...maybe attempting to get away with killing a deer/or another animal without him caring or knowing. Not really sure but i remember the animal being dead, and me walking by to just grab a bite. I was cautious either way, but wasn't sure whether the cheetah or my friend had killed it. I had not. And then I moved on my way.

17. Sounds intense . You need a dream translator bro. Try to have an o.b.e. and face your fears

18. #20 uscalus storm, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
    Besides being alone or absence of people that cares about my existence, I'm not afraid of much. I just finally read the post from above so I'll give that a few tries when i get a normal sleep going.

I'm not afraid of death..but this was interesting.

"Some psychologists (Fordor, 1959; Ehrenwald, 1974) proposed that an OBE is a defense mechanism designed to deal with the threat of death.[58][59] According to (Irin and Watt, 2007) Jan Ehrenwald had described the out-of-body experience (OBE) "as an imaginal con- firmation of the question for immortality, a delusory attempt to assure ourselves that we possess a soul that exists independently of the physical body"