Lucas Formula in COCO???

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by bugpack28, Jul 18, 2011.

1. I'm really sorry to pick up a dead thread but I needed to know if the 6 / 9 ratio is for 4.54609 litres (1 Imperial gallon) or 3.78541 litres (1 US Gallon)?

Thanks!

2. 1 us gallon as far as i know

3. Anyone still using heads 6-9?

I'm just starting it.

4. 5 weeks in using the H3Ad 6/9 seems to be working fine ;)

5. I started from seed, nutes after 2 weeks started feeding at 2/3 then 4/6 and have been @ 6/9 for at least 3 weeks now. Media is 75/25 CoCo/Perlite :wave: Good Luck!!

6. 6/9 per how many litres of water?

also, how often and how much do you feed?

• Like Like x 1
  7. 6/9 per US gallon. Feeding is whenever I see the top layer dry a bit alot of folks judge by weight of their container. The great thing about CoCo is you cant really overwater just be sure to have proper drainage in your container(at bottom) and water till you see about 10% runoff.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Check out Hydro Hybrid or Hygro Hybrid on youtube. Can't remember his name.

He is growing half pound plants in CoCo without even trying with no lights directly over them. He uses GH Flora series all three parts. He adds Calmag and I think he just started using KoolBloom. Thats about it. He feeds it from the exact same Res as his 1+ pound DWC plants.

He basically says never over-feed your plants, and most people are shoving 1000 PPM of Nutrients at their plants, and the plants are not using it. He never really goes past the mid 600's in PPM when it comes to his nutes.

He is probably the best grower making videos on youtube right now.

9. subbed

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10. Hey guys, hate to revive an old thread but didn't want to start a new one to ask a simple question but I'm about to make my first start in coco after a fail with DWC (don't ask but long story short I got a popcorn nug on a stick)

I want to know if the new pH Perfect range is suitable for the same basic Lucas Formula in coco

Sent from my SM-G955F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Once plants get bigger they will need calcium in cococoir substrate

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Why not just use the GH products that the formula is made from?
    Not if you use tap water. I never have to supplement with cal/mag.

• Like Like x 1
  13. So since I'm using pH tap water I shouldn't need it in flower? Damn that was a waste

14. I use tap water and still use calmag. Depends on the strain and what nutes you use. My powdered base includes calcium nitrate. That’s fine in veg, but during flower I drop that dose to 1g per 5 gallons of feed so I have to supplement calcium. I’m going to try the calcium supplement from Aptus nutrients after talking with the rep at the Portland show this weekend. It’s supposed to be much more plant available

• Like Like x 1
  15. It all depends on your tap water - some growers still have to use some cal/mag. I'm fortunate - my tap water has plenty of calcium and magnesium so I don't need it. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I have some Alaskan naturals cal/mag just in case. Maybe I'll just add a couple drops to each gallon to help support calcium. My other nutes are void of all calciums

17. When growing in coco, you should always use coco specific nutes - they contain more calcium and magnesium. :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. I believe that the recommended 6 ml Micro and 9 ml Bloom is too hot.
    When I used GH Flora I did not use Grow at all, and was using 2 ml Micro and 3 ml Bloom in veg and 4 ml Micro and 6 ml Bloom in flower.
    Less is More!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Do you mix it in a 1 gal milk jug, cause I do.