LSV Temps

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by maxwell4, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Hey guys,

Just wondering what temp setting I should be using on my LSV for the biggest clouds of vapor. I've heard that you preheat at 100% for about 2 minutes and then dial it back to around 50% for actual vaping, but does anyone have any specific advice they can give?

Also, does hitting it through a bong affect the hit temperature at all? I'm just wondering if I need to turn the temp up or down for hitting through a water pipe. Thanks for any help.

2. #2 lwien, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
    The temp is affected by BOTH the temp setting on the dial AND your draw speed. For me, a temp setting between 12:00 and 1:00 with a medium draw speed works well for either using the transfer wand or the WPA.

If I were you, I'd start out at 12:00 with a draw speed that is comfortable for you and then adjust your temp up or down by :30 till you find the temp that works great.............for you. Just make sure that you either adjust your temp setting OR your draw speed. If you try to adjust both at the same time, it can get a bit confusing but 12:00 is a good starting point.

3. Iwien summed it up pretty well. I think you'll find you need hotter temps through the bong simply because in the wpa the bud is further from the heater.

There's too many factors though. Even for me, Ill put it at 1 for dry hits and often similar through the bong. Sometimes I turn the temp to 3 30 or so, and rip really quickly. I don't burn or char the herb, just get ridiculously thick hits practically instantly. You'll have fun finding your sweet spot(s)