Lsting

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by VeteranGrower, Jan 21, 2017.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  1. Looks looks fine yeah

2. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Kinda looks like mine

• Like Like x 1
  3. If that's folder spray, I suggest you stop, especially if you're using LED

• Like Like x 1
  4. Does LST affect the leaves in that way as I'm currently doing LST ( just switched to flower ) and I have odd markings on some leaves

5. Its just water. My humidity is very very low (winter in canada) and the wife was spraying them. (We have since stopped... seems like it causes little brown spots)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I had a slight low humidity problem, just coming out of winter here.
    I managed to raise mine by knotting up a towel and soaking in water, then put towel in a 2inch deep roasting tin by the heater in my tent. It raises humighty by a few percent in my grow .
    I now understand why I have a few spots on mine! I was trying to diagnose that for weeks!!!! Backed lights right back at one point and messed around with too much which resulted in losing about 10 days of growth. Lesson learned there, one thing at a time

7. From my understanding it acts as a little magnifying glass and burns them where the droplets land. I stoppe spraying stopped gettimg the holes

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  8. Makes sense I suppose, I am no gardener but I'm loving this hobby. Little bit obsessed

• Like Like x 1
  9. Odd markings on leaves is more likely a sign of a deficiency. LST doesn't really effect the leaves. I don't think many people realize how easy LST is on most plants. You don't have to make it very complicated. Simply bend the plant over once it gets tall and start tying the rival branches off to the side.

If you use a combination of a little supercropping you can save a lot of string and it doesn't bother the plant much.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ah, ok. I wasn't sure, flying by the seat of my pants here but enjoying it.
    I'm only on second grow, the first I just topped. This time I've topped and tied, found some extra long pipe cleaners in an old kids craft set and since got more from eBay. I've not tried any other method but this works really wel for me

11. And this is exactly why. Unless absolutely necessary, do NOT use folier spray on anything besides new clones. If you keep giving the leaves water, this makes the roots pretty much stop doing their job, which will then stunt their growth and cause a whole other mess of problems....just don't do it lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. I sprayed mine after thinking it was nutrient deficiency. I was given some advice to add a drop of washing liquid into a spray bottle of solution and spray on ( lights off though) leaves. Something about washing liquid making the droplets disperse easily? I don't know for sure but I trust this bloke

13. Soap?! Uhh lol don't trust this guy, you have come to the right place, we'll get you on the right track

14. Ha ha, that's what he said and the rest of the advice he gave has been spot on in all honesty .

15. I've never heard of the soap thing though, I just know from pe that foliers are a no no, unless it's a pest issue, even then try not to...

16. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]there is endless ways to lst a plant fellas I'm doing it a few different ways now . Any questions ask away. [​IMG]

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3