Lst

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Mill, Aug 18, 2013.

1. #1 Mill, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
    delete

2. Looks good from the LST standpoint, and a healthy looking plant overall

However,

She would benefit from having those lights WAY closer. For a month old that looks a little on the smaller side. CFL's are most effective only a few inches away. I personally have my lights 2-5 inches from the closest leaves, depending on how well the air circulation is ( closer to my fan, the closer the bulb to the plant ). My current setup has 4 42 watt equivalent bulbs (rated 150 watts) and as long as I keep the airflow good I don't have too much heat.

My sig has pics from my last grow if you want to see what I'm talking about

Good luck! I'll follow the grow if you update

3. LST looks good. I'd agree with the guy above though. Either move the lights closer or the tub higher. Also, you want your ph to be more in the 5.8-6.3 range. 7 is a bit too basic...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Yea it is a little small I started with two lights and bad soil and then transplanted and gave her more light. The leaves were curling up pretty bad I wasnt sure if the lights were too close or heat or genetics or a deficiency...So the lights were kept about that distance and its doing well so far. I might try and get it closer, but I like where its at.
    Thanks for the tips and I will try and update

Alright Ill see what I can do.
    I mixed a few drops of apple cider vinegar in some water to lower the pH and added rock dust and watered it today to hopefully bring the acidity down a little bit. Maybe that is why some of my leaves were curling?