LST, LED, SOG, Drip Feed 4' Veg & 6' Flower Tents 2nd Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by passthebilly, Dec 30, 2012.

1. todays pic

Attached Files:

2. pretty colors -drool-;)

3. #24 passthebilly, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Day 3 4/20 seedlings sprouted :D

[​IMG]
    The EC has dropped from 1.9 to 1.4. :eek: Gona observe for a while and mabye bump up the nutes.

4. #25 passthebilly, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
    Yeah they're pretty yellow in colour they need more nitrogen. EC Increased to 3.0 with nutes, maintaining potash level, same EC as my last grow but I'm confident this time with a more controlled environment I can grow this high without any nute burn. If I see tip curl I'll dilute the res abit. Water consumption has doubled to almost 10L/day.

5. #26 passthebilly, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
    They're starting to stretch now and take up too much space, there's no way I'll have enough light to complete this grow.. I'll drop the seedling setup to 100W and make flowering 400w.. I smoked/unmentionabled all my weed from last grow now, I refuse to pay the high black market prices, so I will be saving my money for some more lamps.

So it's time for a 6 week tolerance break :S

6. Damn, you killed ALL that smoke already?? Seems like not too long ago you had that nice pull.

7. I had to unmentionable most of it a few weeks ago to buy some more equipment :l 6 weeks of sober hell for a very high future the way I see it.

9/20 seedlings sprouted (4th day germing).

8. Sounds like a decent investment then ;).

9. mm, hopefully I can last 6 weeks without cutting my diet or sleep.. or killing someone at work :rolleyes:

10. #31 passthebilly, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
    3.0 was abit high this early in flowering, some of the tips curled, EC is now 2.5. They're exploding, stretching too :eek: And they need a fucking transplant, hurry up auspost :S

I took one 100W'r out of the veg tent and put it in the flowering tent in an attempt to provide enough light for the time being.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. #32 passthebilly, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
    Yeah 2.5EC hits the sweet spot, it's already down the 2.3, no more tip curl and the leaves still look really healthy :)

The grow is now drinking 25L/day, more than my 5x 4ft tall plants did in my previous grow mid flower! Watering 600-900ml in each pot, more than the volume of the pot, but only a small trickle comes out, 12 hours they all become light as a feather again, damn these roots kick ass :eek: I have a feeling these bitches will put out a lot if I can get enough medium and light for them :smoking:

12. they're drinking a lot..

Attached Files:

13. and why don't you use soil?

14. nice grow

15. #36 passthebilly, Jan 8, 2013
    Trying to shorten flower time as much as I can, it's in perlite with hydro nutes, my complete setup includes flood trays, timers, pumps, vinyl tubing etc. This is kinda temporary, I just scoop water out of the res and water the pots holding them over the res, when the runoff slows from a trickle to a drip I put them back on the table. It's laborious but I need to save every dollar I can for my lights for the time being. I just have to hang in there for like 6 more weeks, hopefully I'll get 20g per girl like they do in the beer cup grows and then I can unmentionable some and complete my setup :D And get a motherfucking air conditioner.

16. #37 passthebilly, Jan 8, 2013
    Oops, that light was abit too high up for the seedlings :eek: They look stretched but very healthy, and they growing so fast.

Attached Files:

17. they look normal

18. #39 passthebilly, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    Transplanted to 20cm pots filled with clay balls. They're heat stressed, I might raise the lights.

Attached Files:

19. #40 passthebilly, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    Very happy with the growlush clay balls, according to the water meter the medium is dry again after 6 hours, so I'm thinking 2-3 daily waterings. Although it's going to be a pain in the ass having three different mediums in one pot (rockwool for the clones and perlite for veg).

My 4' tent is almost complete and I've decided to use it for flowering, which will give me the benefit of fully automatic watering. The 6' can be used for veg till I've set up the irrigation properly. 13x 20cm pots just aren't manageable without a fully automated watering for me. Underwatering is the biggest threat to my grow now, two days without water could probably kill my plants in this heatwave.

Ventilation is now fully setup, fresh air blows directly into the 4' tent, then into the 6' tent, then back outside via ducting :D