LST / Larger yield training help!

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Blue Static, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Sorry about that - SmartPots are made from a horticulture-grade fabric which allows for complete aeration to the root zone.

You wrap the tape around the branch that you want to bend over and secure it with the velcro tape. Then you run a strand of the same piece of tape and secure it on the sides of the pot's fabric.

This method allows you to move the tape as the plant progresses. No drilled holes. No fancy tie-downs. This tape is so friggin' stupid cheap it's almost a joke.

HTH

LD

2. Veclro thats a good idea. No offense LD but when those bitches get big you'd have to attach a piece of velcro at the end of a string...wait were you saying go around the pot with a + velcro then secure branches with a - velcro? Either way once they get big it gets a little out of control without tedious training. I think that a frame or skeletal system/trelace would work wonders, similar to Maina's 45 degree job but all at a 45 degree like a vinyard:D If you flaten the plant to a 2 dimensional shape then pull the branches till it resembles somthing like a minorah:eek: <--dont know if I spelt that right, but you get the point...I hope. Oh yeah and have them on rotating bases that follow the sun;) Like a solar panel.

3. NoCalCann

I probably did not do a good job of describing the process - as usual. It works for indoor plants rather well actually. Probably not so much in an outdoor grow.

Just a suggestion - little more! LOL

LD

4. would you mind doing some name dropping, sir??
    where is this sold?? i could use some for panda film adhering jobs etc... :)

5. It's available at HomeDepot, Loews, online, etc.

It's about $2.75 for 45' - something like that

Here's a graphic of the actual product:

[​IMG]

6. ahhh Thank you Sir.
    Yeah i've seen that material many of times, although, in my neck of the woods, its always just labeled as "garden ties" and doesnt have "velcro" emblazoned on it anywhere.
    So its got a peel-off sticky adhesive side as well, correct? do you think it'de be sufficient for a velcro poly door??

7. I use velcro for mine, but it's not that stuff that LD posted

I'm gonna assume that your growing area is built like mine...wooden frame tent with panda film stapled in place making the 3 walls, door and a roof.

i got mine at HD as well...maybe Lowes... 2 inch wide strong black velcro with sticky bits on the back of each side.

For my purposes, I cut each length of velcro i was applying in half (lengthwise), applied the sticky side to the tent side, stapled in place to the wooden frame. match up the pieces of velcro and expose the adhesive, pull your poly door into place and then press it onto the velcro.

I did my door with 3 separate strips of velcro on each side but I recommend just doing it all with one single strip all the way up the door. IMO it makes for more strength at the site of attachment thus decreasing the chance that you tear or stretch your poly

8. nice, that "stapling/exposing the velcro" move was a slick idea bro. So, i was worried about the strength of the sticky side on the velcro holding up, but from what im hearing from you: it's soo strong that it sticks hard enough to rip poly if you mess with it incorrectly? thats good to know actually, thank you.:)

9. well, my first try with a tent was just mylar and that tears EASY

i say it only as a matter of precaution. I could see myself accidentally tearing the panda film on a careless, drunken tuesday afternoon

But Stapling the velcro on is KEY. the adhesive sticks to poly well but the staples ground the velcro strip to the frame making it possible for you to actually separate the sides of velcro with any semblance of ease..

10. okay cool bro thanks for the info. much appreciated.
    (good thing this thread hasn't got off topic):confused_2: lulzzz...