LST idea will it work?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chillsmoker, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Hey blades whats up I just started my first stealth grow and had an idea the other day while :smoking: for an lst method, but before I do anything I figured I would get a few opinions to see if anyone has any advice. I was thinking of putting a dowel rod in the center of my pot and then hook wire to it and have it spiral upwords in a conical shape, kinda of like those LED light up christmas tress that goes outside. and as the plant grows just keep training it to fun along the guide so that I could get a long as plant without shooting straight up. Do you guys understand what I am getting at? little blazed at the moment so explaining seems difficult.:D

[​IMG]

2. i think i get u dude, the pic helps lol, i dont see why you couldnt give it a go, really you can 'bend' & train a plant any way/shape/direction etc (within reason) i think you would have to give it a go to really find out i guess, let us know if you do try!

ps i guess in a way you could have a 9 foot plant in say a 6 foot high space, if you spiral it round like that pic

3. As a project yes, it will work. You can basically LST any shape or way you want.

You might get better results with a vertical Scrog if you're looking for yeild.

I dunno really, what I do know is that you should hang lights on it and put presents under it.

4. Like mills69 said, you can train about any way you want. I used to spiral individual branches like that for fun. That being said, I don't know that doing a whole plant that way would really increase the light getting to lower areas much. So yes it can be done, it would be fun, I just don't think it would benefit you like your more typical LST, other than helping to keep it shorter.

5. don't you think it would produce more buds because it would have more area to flower and could branch out a little more? I am going to try to do this in a stealth rubbermaid stacked 2 high. so that I can get more height by spiraling them. and maybe an ultrasonic generator for 40-80khz tone . and 3 plants.

6. i duno why but i was thinking you was aiming for the size of the tree in that pic LMAO, ive got an ok sized space, i guess i could do 1 half that size for a laugh

7. Idk, Im a noob but it seems like if there is a chance of increasing your yield this way it would have to be grown tall otherwise you're not going to gain a significant amount of length. Unless you did a spiral that is more wide than tall and that is basically the LST method in the absolute beginners stickies. It would look cool though.