LST during flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Upinsmoke420365, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Anyone have any experience with this. Will this hurt it any? [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

2. I train throughout flower with a ScrOG. It's very effective to train during flower to boost yields. I can't see the pics too well, but they just look like they're utilizing string. Works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Thanks for the input, this is my first grow, I was just bending over the biggest ones. Least I wasn't making a mistake.

4. It's hard to fuck them up with training. I snapped one of my big plants in half when it was first flowering lol still is going strong :p just duct tape anything that breaks together. Here's a pic of my setup, go to my journal for more :)
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Once you get to about the 4th week of flower they will no longer curve back up towards the light much since they've basically stopped growing. I've tried some late training and the branches just stayed tied off. I try to get it as trained as it's going to be about 2 weeks in flower. That's the same time I do my final lollipopping of the bottom of the plant.

To really increase your yield you want to limit the thickness of your canopy to 12-16". Anything below that remove so you have bare stems leading up to the start of vegetation which is several inches up the plant. It takes careful selection of the tallest tops and stems. Those stay uncut and once all the branches that are trying to poke up in the way choking things for light are eliminated you go to the bottom of each large stem and remove that larf too. I like to put the plant on a swivel chair so I don't have to crouch on the ground to see what I'm doing. Indoor light just doesn't penetrate much deeper then 16" and those lower buds aren't going to be worth much except for making hash/edibles. They are also out of the lights best performing sweet spot. I've been lollipopping more each crop and I know after trimming the half pound of larf that I have now I'll be doing more next time. The bonus is lots of cookies but less big buds in the jar.

Most any indoor grower with experience in training will have a large bare area on the whole lower appox 20% of the plant or more. There's a reason for this.