Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

LST during flowering?? HELP

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Quiker_Silver, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Hey, I followed Dierwolf's LST tutorial for my second indoor grow and my plants ended up being amazing compared to my last grow. I used thread to tie down the main stock around the entire edge of the pot for every plant, and now I am about to switch the lights to flowering schedule. My question is.... should i cut the pieces of thread now that it is time to flower? The plants are in round pots right now but i imagine they are very root locked so i plan to switch to bigger square pots as soon as i find out the sex of the plants. WHen i find out which ones are female, should i cut the thread and put the plants in the square pots, or when i transfer should i redo all my ties with more thread to keep the plant tied down??

any input would help, i probly should have asked this question a while ago.

2. shoulda cloned for sex. Transplanting causes root shock even if you do it perfectly, so now when you transplant your gonna have to wait up to a week for the plant to get adjusted and start doing anything above ground.

To your question though, no clue. I've never LSTed before lol
    I suggest you just keep em tied though because they might spring back. You'd be amazed at how quickly these things can change the direction they grow in. One of my pots fell over one day and it was growing completely sideways within a few hours. The stem was still green though I dunno if yours are woody. I'd love to see some pics.

BTW the term is "root bound"

3. alright well maybe i will wait a while to do anything and clone for the sex so that i can transfer the plants while they are still in veg. I'm still unsure whether or not to redo all the ties so ill wait for more replies. oh, and root lock and root bound.... exact same thing

4. after 3 or 4 days, the plants will stay in place after you untie them. that's why it's called training. if you leave them in place they're just in the way. x-planting is no big deal. i usually don't even get a wilt. breaking off some root matter is no biggie either. maintaining a mother plant involves cutting large masses of roots and they recover fine/quickly. unless you're limited in your space, don't bother with the sexing with cuts. they'll show soon enough. you could even transplant now or wait. just be careful, no worries!!!