LST 4ft Marijuana Plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Cmititi, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Hey guys, just going through the motions with my first grow. I've done alot research so I don't consider myself a rookie. But there are certain areas I need to fill in the blanks. I know that most growers start LST at an early stage but I didn't approach it in time. I'm convinced I can still tie down my plants to get them grow horizontally after I FIM the tops soon. I'm planning on SCROG them to support their weight also so I don't get anything toppling over. Does anyone have any experience with LST bigger plants that could offer some advice on how to approach these monsters. About 3 months into it and there starting to get out of control, I'm not worried about the space, I have the capacity to make all my plants lay flat which would obviously double my sqft.

Attached Files:

2. I've waited pretty late to do lst not quiet as late as you but yeah.. you just have to be careful with that main stem so just bend it down as far as it'll safely go and tie it... then you can tie the side branches out to really let the light reach inside the plant some and it'll probably bush out real nice.

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

• Like Like x 1
  3. Doesn't look like you topped your plants. As long as you are still in veg, you can LST your plants. SCROG is a form of LST. Outdoor growers use scrog nets more to support the weight of the flowers as opposed to increase the yield. The plant will fill the net by itself and you just do a little adjusting by hand. It will be obvious when it's time to stop adjusting. Flowers will be under way and the plant will be stretching big time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. :jump::jump::jump:

Attached Files:

5. I got a long project for the weeknd. Got 4 pieces of 1 inch 10 ft of pvc to make this SCROG screen and gonna bend everything nice and slowly

6. Wish me luck boys!:hide:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice setup. How tall is the tunnel?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Can I get a like here lol.. All these views and no one showing me any love:passtheshit:

9. Look at all the cool shit that came to my garden of youth :popcorn:

Attached Files:

10. 7ft is not a bad height.
    How many plants will you be putting in their?

Is that a T5 fixture?

Please dont kill the bees!!! Poor buggers are dying out at a very fast pace. Once they are gone we all die.

11. Well I think I could easily grow about 24 comfortably in there.. my light fixtures only reach out so far so I'd have to put them all down the center in 2 rows.. I could defiantly pack 50 in there if I wanna rely on the sun to do its part.. Well see next run. I'm takin it easy for my first grow ever. Experimenting with a couple strategies and trying to perfect my setup.

I'm using 3 fixtures that hold 6 T8 lights each. Got 10 T8 LED's and 8 T8 Daylights

Also... i dont fucking want anything in my grow tent that could potentially screw things up.. the only pest I want in their are lady bugs and I manually put them in. Anything else is going to be framed on my fly trap with a nice nug from the grow + some fan leaves.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    [​IMG]

12. Oh and before anyone persecutes me about killing butterflys .. let me show you what they did..[​IMG]

13. I wish I could find some damn lady bugs as I really don't wanna buy any lol

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

14. Really.. your growing weed and you don't have ladybugs in your budget... I bought 1500 of them for $8 at green acres

15. It's moreso of I don't need hundreds for my small ass grow lol... and i wouldn't know any way to buy them other than buying a bunch online.

16. Well this is what you do then.. don't buy online for one.. I read somewhere that some mofuckas be selling Chinese ladybugs that bite lmao.. go to your local greenery place or whatever and buy whatever they have.. even if there 2000 ladybugs.. obviously you need to do a little more research on lady bugs but I'll give you the general shit about them.. lady bugs are kept in the fridge, they are hibernating and the second you take them out of the cold they start waking up. Make sure you cut a small hole in the bag so you don't get swarmed by lady bugs Lol. Let out as many as you want and then have a piece of duct tape ready to seal the opening you just made. Then throw the the sealed lady bugs back in the fridge and they will stay alive for a long time as long as you don't fuck with them to hard by pulling them in n out of hibernation. After like the 3rd time taking them from hibernation mist them with water and let the water dry before you put back in the fridge

• Like Like x 1
  17. I just started LST my 2 monster plants in 30 gallon smart pots. Got a late start after work and didn't have the materials but tomorrow I'll have pics up of all my 3ft+ plants being LST.
    Let me know what you think about these 2 beasts

[​IMG][​IMG]

18. There very pretty but they are not monsters yet. Shame you didn't to anything with them sooner they could of been pretty bushy

You will be able to LST them no problems. Have some plies and a rag handy for the main stems if they are woody. Best to snap them after a good water.