LSD, Jack and Blue OG on a Budget

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Borgarden, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Hey so i've grown a few times before, had pretty good success though the yields werent great, but what do you expect from regular bagseed? Still had an alright turnout for 2-3 plants.

As with the other times, i'm going on a budget with this grow, i don't see the need to buy $1000 worth of shit to grow 4-6 plants, i'm not a dealer so i find it pointless.

So far i've spent at most around $150 adding to my collection.

- 6 new pots (need 2 more)
    - hps light setup (scored for $25)
    - cheap lamp and bulb (I cbf'd wiring shit together
    - organic soil
    - new timer
    - new 30cm fan
    - yada yada

Decided to try to get my favourite bud from attitude, after a long time abd a few fuckups i finally got it, though i didn't get my shirt ;'(.

So this grow will consist of 2 Barneys Farm LSD, 1 CH9 Jack and one G18 Blue OG.

Here's a few pics of my babies.

image-3643998493.jpg

image-1736211503.jpg

image-2862308812.jpg

image-1863746663.jpg

The little guy is the jack, the second is LSD abd the third is the OG. I have another LSD cracking at the moment. The jack is smaller because it was germinated 3 days later.

Lights: 1 2700k 125 watt CFL
    1 5000k 48 watt CFL
    1 6500k 24 watt CFL

Adding the new lamp as soon as the other LSD is ready to go into a pot.

As you can see a pretty small setup, one 30cm fan is ventilating into the wardrobe and a small desktop fan is blowing out. Temps have been solid 32-35 with the lights on and 28-31 when they are off. Summer in australia, get it in ya!

Any questions or anything just go for it, advice is appreciated as long as theres no sass ;)

Anyone else growing on a budget is welcome to show their cheap ass setups to compare :D

2. Also the Blue OG i ms growing the fastest leaf sets, while the LSD is growing faster overall in height (accidentally supercropped her but she alright now)

3. #3 MadMansLullaby, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
    Man I'm really curious to see how your LSD plants turn out. I loved watching my LSD grow. It was just a cool, trippy looking plant. The look alone leaves you with the impression that this plant will fuck you up. Plants look good. Best of luck growing.

-Mad

4. Yeh her leaf sets are really bunched up, wonder what it will look like aftet ive topped her.

5. I don't know man. That LSD plant grows weird. It had a couple giant fan leaves, (I do mean giant, bigger than my head, giant leaves.) but most of the plant was leafless except the top of the plant, where the leaves seemed to shoot out and then fall down, so it had almost a water fall type look. So I don't know what it would look like topped. Pretty crazy. The branches on it also grow tightly to the main stalk. If I grow it again, I'm gonna pull the branches away and tie them down. My yield would have been a lot better if I did that. It just didn't seem to get enough light on the buds otherwise.

Here is a picture of my LSD plant 6 weeks ago.

-Mad

Attached Files:

6. Holy fuck those be some big fan leaves dude. I'm 4 way lsting all my plants due to space issues, plus i'll probably scrog them if they continue to disobey me ;)

7. Update: 4 days later.

All have been topped.

image-3579621853.jpg

Not that anyone cares ;D