LSD and Shrooms Advice

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by catalysto, Aug 21, 2009.

1. My biological father had schizophrenia, almost exactly like the guy in A Beautiful Mind my mom says, i just found like out about a week ago.

I never lived with him and didnt know my whole child life, and was kept away and raised in a completely different loving environment, my dad (step dad i guess) has been the best father i could ever hope for, we dont get along sometimes but i know he truly cares.

I had been reading about shrooms and LSD for a while and since i had no previous family history of psychosis ( I thought) i was going to do it)

i have recently began to research schizophrenia extensively, and all the research says that i would have shown signs of psychosis by now, i have ADD, but thats the extent of my mental in-ability

I really want to try these drugs to broaden my horizons, and was wondering if anyone who is a bit more learned in this region could help me out in this department.

is there one that is O.K. or are both in advisable,

Thanks in advance for the advice GC,

Josh.

2. In all honesty no one knows how schizophrenia is caused, so no one can really help you with that.

As for LSD and Shrooms bringing it from being dormant, that could very well be the case but again no one really knows. In my personal opinion the insight you gain from both of those drugs WAY outweighs the possibility of having schizophrenia.

3. You are very lucky to get such a great step-father.

Schizophrenia runs in my family as well. I've often been told I have multible personalities and what not but fuck that I'm fine and the psychodelics never triggered me to go insane or anything. My first experience with any psychodelic (shrooms) was mind blowing and I went fucking crazy for about 5 hours but that was also because I took about 6 grams not knowing any better. Keep your dosage low and at first and build your way up and I'm sure you will be fine. (By build your way up I mean the next time you trip do a slightly higher dosage not keep eating more one night until you feel the way you want.) Then again I'm no doctor or psychotherapist or anything like that but it's worth the risk.

4. If you are already experiencing symptoms, I probably wouldn't risk it.

More LSD than Shrooms

5. No i havent experienced any symptoms of psychosis, and all the stuff i have read say that something should have emerged by now.

6. if nothing has shown up for ya man then im sure youd be fine trying either. i have chronic depression, always have, and theres a lot of stuff bout how it might not be a good idea to try hallucinogens but theres also a lot on how it can help.

i had one of the greatest experiences of my life, tried shrooms the first night of a festival and spent the next 4 days tripping my balls off on lucy. my perception has changed :hippie:, i see the world again everything is new and bright. im not under the influence of acid and ill still just stop and watch how awesome trees and water and clouds and the world is.:D

if ya get the chance i would definitely try it, just start with a low dose like said ^^ build up experience with them. keep your mind chill, dont worry about losing it, it should come back pretty close to where it was before;)