lowryder+trblmkr 10/24/06

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by reasoner22, Oct 24, 2006.

1. so 2 tm popped today:yay:60 hrs after planting ... [no germination voodoo; hope lr comes up- i'm worried now]
    growing 6lr+4tm in a corner of my living room under 2 space blankets draped over/wrapped around floro stand. 80w 6500k in 2 four ft tubes, about 400w of cfl en route.[plan on 1200w total but outof$ atm]
    trying to upload pics
    good idea, imho. have a rotating space heater pointed at the mylar tent , my central heat off,+ everyones cozy.
    ?think black-out cloth over the mylar needed 4 dark? only lights r 17''monitorr+17''tv in room, pointed away,,,,24/0 awhile anyway.
    +was wondering if i outgas enuf co2 for them
    final?....whether reds during veg is bad, or a waste of energy, or good.

Attached Files:

2. :hello:pics up. ez when u no how.
    pics on my monitor r the fabulous furry freak sisters b4 the evil thieving roofers got them.
    so still buying....ergo, no $ for all the suppies i want:(
    nevertheless, it's all good,init?

3. :hello:got a lowryder, ok...whew
    sorry about messy misposts.....theyll go away but nice post by max got lost.ty anyway:eek:

4. looks good. whats space blankets? are they as reflective as mylar?

5. ty ben....they r just 4x7 sheets of mylar, for camping or emergencies....~$5 army/navy.
    i love my mylar grow tent!
    i can even see my babbies thru it, under their lights:D

6. :yay: anothr LR babby
    was worried cuz i just plonked em in as if they werent pricey lil beans; + someone had said hulls were thick + should be cracked or sandpapered:eek: my thought was treat em tenderly,cuz they seem to run to way more males :confused: ....any ideas on that?
    my first-born is standing up like a lil green soldier:D

7. :D+another lowryder sprout....But, the middle one has a hull clamped down hard on it. maybe i Should've softened em up first:eek:..now what?
    humidity~30%; added a couple more pans of h2o
    my other q is wot to do re co2:confused:
    to repeat- theyre in a mylar tent under 80w blue floros...in my living/sleeping rm, along w/couple dozen houseplants,me+ my parrot.
    would xtra co2 be bad 4 the fauna?:eek:

8. Another lowryder grower, how did this one slip by me. I love to see ppl grow lowryders, I hope you have as much fun growing them as I do. I'm on my tenth crop and only have a couple of weeks to go.

Please update, looking good so far.

As for the CO2, I made some sugar, water and yeast from milk containers. Made some holes and put some plastic piping in, seems to have made a real difference. Only thing is I seem to be adding sugar water every week till there full then have to empty some of the alcohol out. I wonder if you could drink it after filtering it?

Good luck with the grow. +rep

9. Hi Reasoner22,

Did you start another thread?

It is great to see another Lowryder grower, it's quite popular due to the small size and it's autoflowering. Some say there quite mild in THC content but you got to let them have the time they need. It says 60 Days on the pack but then other seeds say 7/8 weeks flowering and people let them go on longer because there not done.

Hope the grow goes without problems and wish you success.

10. ty tulip for rep + inspiration:wave:
    ty max r stopping by again- was encouraged by your 1st post,clumsily made duplicate threads,etc
    anyway, dug up + replanted 4 seeds,killed a fresh sprout,have another that will prob be male or hermy if it lives:(
    on the brite side:),the 2 lr and 2 tm are looking good........
    had 2 look lol....+we have another sprout:hello: from replanted seed:D
    still on 24/0
    pics soon

11. today+3 days ago below:D
    i got lights today....as many hrs as i've spent reading,i mmissed it: cfls are hot:eek:

thinking of pointing my swamp cooler into the tent for temp+also humidity, otherwise need another humidifier. that big black one in pic, w/fan on top keeps it~78F and~30%. w/ 80 watts of floro. The heat from the cfls drives humidity down,too.

see swamp cooler w/tv on it, [full of h2o passively humidifying-]...A coolmicro-mist blows out when on, cant even really feel the moisture. Just hate running fans on high in winter

i dunno....advice?

Attached Files:

12. also, cfl package states: dont use w/electronic timers...?!

Attached Files:

13. should i point it into my grow tent or just another humidifier+ a monster fan 4 hot cfls?
    + what about 'no electronic timers' on them?

14. I think you need to get a thermometer just at plant level, If the CFL's are hot then put a small PC fan in the hood you made. it will suck the hot air out and keep the plants a bit cooler. If you can't use a fan then a long thin gap in the hood above the bulb will help. Some light will leak out but you can put something up so it don't disturb you at night.

As for using timers with CFL's. I can't see any reason why they say that. I know you can't use dimmer switches as they reduce the voltage and the CFL just goes out, eventually burning the dimmer switch out.

Misting the plants and pots with water can keep the humidity up, not sure about the swamp cooler? I guess it would be ok in the summer but not sure about winter time. Might cause a lot of damp in the room. I wouldn't use it when they flower as mould could eat the buds.

Coming along tho, hope you don't lose anymore sprouts.

15. take a 2 litre pop bottle and fill it 4 inchs water then add 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp of dry activated yeast and put small hole through cap like pencil tip size ,screw cap on and place above plants{i hang mine from ceiling as co2 is heavier than air}shake it up with your finger on the hole and it will fizz it usually takes couple hours to do this but it lets u know its woeking and kinda smells like beer but anyway it last 1 week to 12 days for me and whenever i put fresh bottle in 2 days later i see very good results -peace

16. ty guys 4 ur kind attention...babies actually looking good i think. Yesterday i went ahead w/the cfls for ~5 hrs & today they got 8 hrs. The 40w tubes r left on 24/0.

also gave them a 2nd shot of very dilute grow fert. dr chronic sez so- for the lows. went ahead + fed troublemakers too. they're the bigger ones. i lost track of what the little sprout is but it's alive + growing. the last is a sprout from regermed seed looking iffy.

so the temp/humidity #s arent great but yes, doesnt feel hot at plant tops, and just using fan on the cfls. gonna put another humidifier in there tomorrow. Have more cfls ready+waiting for me to get better control of the environment.

i did get some yeast+sugar; gonna wait on that too. looking forward to trying it;hope it's not too stinky. i dont guess it would hurt us animals.

lastly,gonna properly germ last 4 low seeds tonite.......lesson learned

and heres what it's all about....Day 11

Attached Files:

17. so here are the kids @ 2 wks. Look like family, dont they:D

the litttl'uns survived+ we have 2 new sprouts..one was a breach birth- root first. Fixed, i hope. It had realized its mistake+grown another[!] but seeedhead stilll buried; prob would have been ok..

the soil too heavy; my promix on backorder they tell me on the packing slip w/the rest of my order- itself much too late

added another 65w blue yesterday ,+co2 bottle. might start giving them some dark once alll CFLs are up to 18/6, Have total of 281w red yet to add.

suggestions or comments welcome

Attached Files:

18. uh-oh...when 1st spottted,[:rolleyes:], i thought twas from water on leaves, then it spread to other TM & i thought twas cuz i fed them.... so this morning-yikes-on my low next to other two..also noted mold spots on the wet newspapers i use 2 boost RH. was that a bad idea?
    other possibilities: root probs due to shit soil; k deficiency...?
    now what?
    well, if all is not lost, have a pair of lows,another w/sex i cant tell, 4 baby lows+ a baby tm. would like 2 mate the pair asap, then hashify all boys.

advice on spots+pollination appreciated:wave:

Attached Files:

19. Mylar growtent.
    HA! What an idea,it's very cool.
    Lets send your girls camping!
    Get rid of the mold ASAP it's very dangerous.
    I think the newspaper was a bad idea.
    Try not to include things in your grow that decompose or absorb water.
    With the except of the soil and plants ofcourse.
    Have nice grow! I'll be following it.

+rep for the growtent.

20. thanks, mygr8estfear [ur not a giant spider,r u?]:eek:

took papers out,snipped leaves. Soil bone dry for 1st time,so drenched em alll- RH staying lo 20s-half what it should be i'm reading,but...?

yah,i love my growtent. Some may say ghetto- i say organic. The warm air heats my whole apt! Takes a lot of tweaking but sokay...+i can see the kids when their lights r on[20/4]