lowryder #2 first grow newbie advice needed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lowryderrocks, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Nice one man, It should be ok man if your just looking for enough to do yourself, I am not completely sure as ave not seen many pics of crops done with lights that way, Check out www.growell.co.uk (click get catalogue link and they send you free one). They deliver to you but i think its like a £25 charge (still £25 well spent)
    Plants also work on lumens not watts my man so its hard to tell how good the setup is, If i was you i would invest in a 250w HPS and keep a few of your cfl bulbs to light lower parts of the plant or for veg stage, I know its about £££ and what you can afford dude but lets say i done a plant with a 250wHPS and another with a 250wCFL both of which are in the exact same enviroment ect, If i got 10 ounce of HPS i would get 2 1/2 of CFL, You get about a quarter the yeild, As i say but if your just looking for enough for yourself your setup is cool

How much height are you working with?

2. They ship in plain carboard boxes mate, there all about discrection

3. #43 lowryderrocks, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
    the lumens on the 23w are 1500 each and the lumens on the 35w are 1750 each, and the lumens on the 220w is like over 10,000 lumens, I cant remember exactly but I find out when I see the box :)

I'm keeping them no more then 3.5ft if they grow high, but they average around 16", then again they are anything from 4" to 34" for lowryder #2 I read somewhere. I keep them around 20" i say, if they do get that far, trying to LST them so they don't get tall, if it works :)

idealy for myself and a few friends :)

possibly have a second 220w CFL as a friend is haversting this weekend and I can have the light he said, his are AK47 and they are about 4 to 5 ft tall, pretty good yield there by the looks of them, not sure how much weight though till they dried :)

4. yeah that should be enough lumens man, Am coming to end of my 1st harvest with a 250CFL and a can say i wont be using CFL again, I mean dont get me wrong i should be getting a good 4 ounce off my Power Plant but then i think to myself "shit if i used HPS it would take same amount of time, use same electricity, actually cheaper to buy plus i'd have 16ounce and not 4! You should get that catalogue from growell its free and it'l also give a wide range of hydro lights tect equip ect to set you in the right direction if you ever decide to start using HPS,

5. Nice grow man ever grow orginal lowwryder

6. how many lumens do u need to grow 1 plant.. ?

7. i've always heard at least 2500 lumens per plant is ideal. anything less than that will be problems

8. #48 lowryderrocks, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
    ok got my light, and mounted it, building new box maybe with in a week, and they all go in to that then :) new box will be 4ft/W x 4ft/D x 5ft/H, box will be white inside out :)

here's what I done tonight

that's a 6400k bulb, I also have a 2400k bulb which i be using when they start flowering, I think I will put the lights on timer tomorrow and give them 18/6, is that wise?

thanks

I have no idea how many lumens for 1 plant, I'm just hoping I have enough there :)

Attached Files:

9. Yeh mate you have enough lumens now!! :hello:. That big ass CFL you got is same as mine! You'l get really good results with that, Prob best acheivable with CFL, Box idea is ideal too, Lowryders Auto-Flower man, you could switch it to 12/12 if you want or put it on 18/6 then hit them with the 12/12 as soon as you see signs of flowering but i think 12/12 is acceptable from the start. Overall your off to a good start man. The lights look a little too close, i keep them like 3-5inches away at all time as they have growth spurt days and you dont wana come home to see your bitches touches the bulb and all burnt, Do you feel heat coming from the big CFL, I had ALOT of problems to start with. My temp was rising to 90 during the day! Eventually fixed it with keeping fans on 24/7.
    But remember that if your switching down to 12/12 it has to be completely dark in the box when its lights off, interupted too, even 1 min of dim light can cause flowering to be retarded, Check all your fans for ON lights as 1 of my mates had a dim ON light on his fan and this caused BIG problems in his garden

Cheers man

10. Alright finally managed to find a way to get photos uploaded, Heres most recent pic of my powerplant grown from start to finish in Cana Coco Professional with Bio-Bizz Grow, Bloom and Top Max using a 250wCFL, I had to cut her top off last week as she was outgrowing her enviroment, this promoted the lower two nodes to accelerate in growth and i am now currently bending them

On the left shelf is my lowryder lol

Attached Files:

11. Here's the close up pics of the flowers

Attached Files:

12. orite fella..

member me, that catalogue has come already haha

nice plants mate:smoke:

13. thats just the one plant mate! lol, Yeah a got my catalogue pronto too, Its very reasonable priced in there man, I wouldnt get anything anywhere else tbh

14. Another bit of advice for growers that have fans = I have 4 fans in my grow room, A main extractor fan at the very top of the cupboard connected directly to my carbon filter then ducting leading out of my cupboard, A fan directed into ducting leading to a vent at the bottom of the cupboard (This allows cool air to be passed through bottom and hot to be sucked out the top, Make sure everything is light proof!) Inside the cupboard i have a small desk fan sitting on its back aiming towards the sky.This help alot with air circulation and runs 24/7 on the lowest setting, due to the size of the cupboard and the size of the plant i have humidity that can reach 80% at night, This would defo cause bud rot or gray mould if air is not constantly circulated. The final 3ft tower fan is for building my plant up, I run it on FULL power during lights on, Imagine your plant as a small weightlifter, Start with a slow setting and gradually build up the power! This causes bigger chunky stems with strong foliage, You might think its too powerful for your plants as they might look like there thrashing about but as long as the stem at the soil baseline isnt moving causing the soil to move or crack then its fine!

15. have the timer set to start 18/6 at 10pm tonight :)

gonna get a magnetfy glass so I can pull the male very quickly :)

they must show any time from now.

16. Cool man, Remember males tend to grow taller and have more spacing between the branches, The males also develop there flowers up to 2 weeks before females, The male lowryder got yanked before sacks openened but it wasnt until a good few days after you could spot the females, Good luck with the sexing man, hopefully you get a good number of girls

17. that sounds good to me :) all the little branches are very close together so far, hope they stay this way so :) leafs are getting bigger but still staying close together :)

18. Dieselryder is the next plant i will be growing. I just love the lowryder series. genius.

19. My mate done a diesel ryder, its just about harvest time, Very resinous and pungent smell, was impressive for a tiny plant lol

20. One big ass main cola and very little branching. They are super fucking easy mode.

And yes, they stink during flowering. It's fucking impossible to hide.