lowryder #2 first grow newbie advice needed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lowryderrocks, Aug 19, 2008.

1. it was just sitting there so I though I use it :)

no one will see it anyway :) lights not getting out enough to go through the blinds :)

thanks for the tip I might do that soon as they get bigger :)

2. #22 lowryderrocks, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
    ok tonight I will make another change since I can see that there is really a lack of light problem, the fluorescent are not seems to be useless.

I have one normal bulb at 75w hanging low close to the plants in the center of the box, later on I add 4 more CLF, they are 100w each actual wattage, plus those 2 strip lights on the 2 sides of the box, 2 CLF on the left between the striplight and the normal bulb, same on the other side, I will up an image later for you guys to see if its going to be ok this time, these are as much as I can get my hands on locally without a 3 hours drive. I don't have enough time to go that far for the HPS :(

thanks

3. ok here's what I came up with tonight after work :)

4 23w CFL across the center with 2 60w strip lights one on each side, 23 was the highest I can get. they are 1500Lumens each, don't know about the strip lights, there's no info at all on the pack.

better?

how long is this set up good till? after I find out which are female, hopefully 7 or more, anyway if 7 or below I will put them together in circular. and get enough CFL's one for each plant.

should I use 2 of those CLF for each plant or will one be enough?

thanks

Attached Files:

4. a little bit of update to my first grow, after adding the CFL lights and re locate the fluoro's and the plant's, they are now all striaghten up :) all 9 plants got 2nd set of leaves coming and fast :) only one still trying for first set, I think that one was dying but slowly coming back :) I added soil to bury the tall ones so they not as tall as they were before, but 2 or 3 of them are still about 3 to 4 inches tall but growing nicely.

Since I have a few tall ones, I'm thinking start LST those 3 on second set of leaves, would that do any harm to them, when I do LST them, they will be bend to the side of the pot, and I will turn the pot around so the leaves are only couple of inches from the CFL, temp isn't hot on them, just warm, I can hold the bulb and just feel warm, so they won't burn the plants :) I'm going to add more CLF's so they will have a bulb each.

anymore advice very much appreciated.

thanks

5. my mate done lowryders, they grow to about 1ft - 1 1/2ft

6. thats lowryder #1? or lowryder #2?

many told me lowryder #2 is bigger and yield more.

ah even if these grow only 1 1/2ft, with LST it might still yield more.

no harm trying :)

7. Well they done lowryder #2 and the results arent that good to be completely honest, They done 1 in a DWC system with a 250wCFL and got 13g, If your just looking for a small bit for yourself every 2 month and have little height in your room then go for lowryder, If you have quite a bit of room but not too much like me then just get whateva plant you want but only veg it for 1 week max then put it into flowering, you will end up with a much higher yeild than lowryder but you will also not have height problems.

What space you working with? Whats kinda light you got?

Am using a 250wCFL right now but swapping it after my PowerPlant it ready, If theres any advice i can give you it is ;

Invest in a Good HPS light (CFL produce 10,000 lumen HPS emit 100,000+ lumen!)
    Invest in a Good Extraction system, My fan and carbon filter cost all in 100 buck and it keeps smells away and controls your temp!

Anymore q's?

8. I have 5 x 23w 1500lm's CLF's, 2 x 35w CFL's 1750lm's at the moment, I be adding 2 more 35w CLF's either today or friday, and another 220w dual spectrum CLF next week hopefully, trying to get my hands on the lights here is the hardest part, went around the whole town I came across the biggest is 35w CFL, 220w on order.

they oldest are 16 days now, with what I got there, will I even get to sexing stage, at least I can throw out the male and focus on the female with the lights.

I read a few places saying that CFL can kill the smell. I don't think my plants starts to smell yet, there's no smell in the room yet. I have 2 fans for exhaust and one for intake, blows air softly through all the plants.

thanks

Attached Files:

9. Your air flow system sounds spot on mate! nice one! A can tell you for defo it dont kill the smell lol, Ave got a powerplant in my cupboard that is in a 3 gallon pot, under a 250wSunMate CFL Red spec as its in last 3 weeks of flowering and i need carbon filter on 24/7 to keep smell at bay! lol,

Where is it you live? States or UK?

Yeah you'l defo get to flowering mate dont worry about that, i live in scotland and a mate of mine gave me 2 of they lowryder # 2's, since i dont have anymore room in my cupboard as she takes it all up lol i just sat them on my window ledge, within 2 weeks i could easy tell sex and ended up 1 male 1 female, Lowryders Auto-Flower which basically means they will flower in 24hr light unlike most plants which need 12hr TOTAL darkness!

10. I have just found a killer small size strain. Its called violator kush. Grows 45-55cm tall untrained, yeilds 450 g/m2 and has a crazy amount of tricjs check it out. This could be tiny with just some lst. However its not cheap over $100 for ten feminized seeds. http://www.cannabis-seeds.co.uk/products/1111/violator-kush.html

11. That violator kush does look nice! But far too expensive! Although it all comes down to 2 factors

1 Grow Enviroment
    2 Grower

12. Yeah I think I'll give it a shot though after these skunk # 11 that is, how do you find that cfl for flowering?

13. r u from england lol.. u have the exact same lamp holders as me, there the only 1s i can find.. bit crapy tho cos wire comes out of the side rather than the top, if that makes sence lol

14. Yeah let me know how they go, Well i had to buy another spec bulb for flowering which was £60 alone!!! It produces abit of heat which i was told it shouldnt but apart from that my power plant is about 4 1/2 foot now and has 16 braches with pistils from head to toe, Buds seem not to fat and kinda spindly but they should start to swell up since am in last 3 weeks, I wont be flowering with CFL again though, I am going to get a 250wHPS but keep the CFL for Veg and just start flowering after 1 week of veg so plant height and width is more manageble. I wish i had listened and done HPS from the start! I would have 4 times the amount !!! lol

15. Man if your in UK check www.growell.co.uk
    get yourself a better light

16. cheers pal.. hows it goin ?

17. Yeah not too bad man, just at work lol, Register for a free catalog on that website btw, it arrives in like 2 days and have tonnes of shit,
    Hows yourself bro?

18. not bad at al mate enjoyin my day off lol is it an overseas company or in the uk do u no.. ive saved the page so i can have a good look but as it goes im off down to my m8s 4 a few j's n that .. anyway best not have a full blown chat on some1s thread lol il add u in a sec mate.. cheers 4 the advice..

19. I'm not far from you mate, just across the water in ireland :)

its a pain trying to get lights here, they are so small wattage.

anyway I should have the 220w and 2 more 35w setup tonight sometime.

will that be enough then? I will have a total of 475w of CFLs.

thanks

20. I wish I'm in the UK :) things are cheaper there :)

I don't really want to do mail order, no many people here buy that kind of lights except for one reason, too risky :)

I had the 220w ordered from a local shop, should be in today, I be going over around 5pm to check, if its there I be sorting out the whole setup tonight, and I will post up some picies :)

thanks