Lowryder 2 CFL first-timer's grow. Lots of Pics!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Tim t'Enchanter, May 30, 2009.

1. hey tim lookin good dude. Plankton is growing so fast. It sure is fun to watch them grow at such a rapid speed. I went up and checked on my tent this morning also. Snowy's little popcorn buds are starting to come together to form a main cola. Watching her fill out is a blast!

I mentioned yesterday I had 2 unsexed plants, well now I have only 1. Found another female this morning. So I have 14 plants up there. The breakdown:

2 female white dwarves - one 46 days old, one 4 days old
    11 female random bagseed plants approx 2 months and 1 week old
    1 unsexed bagseed plant

In the closet is the fem white dwarf 46 days, and the skunk #1 43 days old.

Gardening sure is time consuming LOL

I am sure the droopyness will go away. Maybe she is just thirsty :)

2. #82 Lord Sativa, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2009
    Ah. 2-6-6 definitely sounds better than 2-2-6 :) I've been trying to get a really good look at those bottom leaves. It looks like Destroyer could be correct with the magnesium, but could even be potassium. Definitely up your dosage to 1/4, but also might want to add some epsom salts for the magnesium. Magnesium deficiency is easily fixed with ¼ teaspoon/gallon of Epsom salts (first powdered and dissolved in some hot water) or foliar feed at ½ teaspoon/quart. As far as the potassium, just give her some fertilizer, and it should fix her right up. It's encouraging that the problem is only in the lower sets of leaves.

And as far as the drooping, the fertilizer will probably fix that as well.

3. They look so purrrrttyy :)

4. Thanks StarBaby, I'm really enjoying the experience too!
    I think the droopyness with Patty is overwatering, as I gave her a few drops Friday, then my wife watered her Sunday (even though I'd asked her not to do anything except turn the fans on) and then I had to put her into damp soil on Monday when I repotted her. I'm sure she'll be fine, I'm just gonna let her do her thing for a week or so.
    I'll be over to your thread in a bit to say hello.

Yeah, I was thinking maybe potassium, she's looking better today. I'll pick up some epsom salts if it starts happening again. Thanks again for all the advice, to everyone not just me. I'll rep you if I can.

Thanks Indi! They're just entering their 'teenage' stage (well Plankton is anyway) and I loooove looking at them.
    Cheers for stopping in.

5. Enchanter they are doing great! I loved the pics of the boats and where you live. Ireland, ah what a nice place. Free concerts, sounds like fun!

6. Plants are looking great my friend!

I wouldn't worry about the droopyness you mentioned. Probably just thirst...was it about watering time when the picture was taken? My plants always drooped something fierce when the soil went dry. It's not unhealthy, so long as you water them within a reasonable amount of time.

Keep up the good work :cool:

7. Looking good Tim, hope you dont mind me saying that you seem to be very knowledgable on this growing subject for a first timer, you put me to shame. Also see that you have a good adviser in Azureblue, I have just checked his grow out and he seem to know a lot also. Enough ass kissing for now good luck and talk to you soon. :D

8. Tim, these are the pics of my pc grow box. As you can see, I have very limited vertical grow space. Plants can grow up to 18 cm and then they will hit CFL bulbs. What do you guys recomment. Small seedling is short ryder and bigger seedling is PPP. Is that possible to do LST in a small space ? Thanks. Hoknuf.

Attached Files:

9. I just spend a lot of time reading up on things! Also if you could see the state of Plankton you'd be forced to reassess your opinion, I let her get light burned again! Still the growth is taking off now so I don't mind a bit.
    AzureBlue is the man alright, can't wait for him to be growing again!

You're right about the names by the way, so the next one will be called Sandy for you. :smoking:

That's the ideal space to do LST Hoknuf, and you will also want to flower them almost immediately. Don't expect to yield a whole lot though....I don't really know too much about PC grows, but it looks decent!

A little news for everyone, I saw the first sign of sex today, day 29. Just a single pistil, right at the top nodes on Plankton. I know its supposed to be two, but that's definitley what it is! So yay, she's getting ready to flower!
    [​IMG]

Updates tomorrow as usual.

10. Congratulations man make sure to post a pic when your back so we can all see :yay:.

11. hell yeah tim cant wait to see those girls popping out all over the place nice and shiney and sexy lol .:D

12. You both are way too kind :eek:

I still feel like a novice! I am constantly humbled by some of our well seasoned growers here at Grasscity.com. Growers like oldskoolgrower, AugustWest, and many more, make me feel like a child in comparision!! There is so much too learn here at Grasscity.com, and Cannabis is such a wonderful and beautiful plant :D

Tim - CONGRATULATIONS my friend!!! Female!! YES!! That is always an exhiliarting feeling, yes? That is wonderful news. It is time to celebrate! Take your wife out to dinner, have a good time, woohoo!!

You'll have to snap some pictures when you have time to let us have a peek :eek:

I can't wait to see how the remainder of your grow unfolds. You are on the right track, and there is nothing but Good Times ahead of you :hello:

I will look forward to your next round of updates :cool:

13. Congrads Time for a baby girl. Hope she will flourish. :hello: Tim, I want to show you my baby ryder girl(hopefully). Inside her little leafs it is yellow color. Why do you think so ? Is it time to give her some nitrogen rich nute, or should I wait couple more days till she will be one week old. As you suggested, I put them in flower mode, with 2700K bulbs and 12/12 light cycle. Let's see that happens. Hoknuf.

Attached Files:

14. Alright Buzz! Sorry I missed this post the last time I was replying, I'm glad you liked the pics, it's a shame I didn't have my camera with me, just a phone. Free concerts are the best, and sure us Irish are nothing without a few tunes!
    Thanks for looking in, Mr AGA!

Thanks Dave, pics are uploading now, some of them are not pretty though.:cry:

Me too Destroyer, shouldn't be long now. Love the new avatar man!!

Thanks dude, but in all seriousness you do have a lot of experience, compared to us noobs!;) Also, you take the time to reply with usually very in-depth explanations to any questions, so that often you cover any supplemental issues the poster has. Anyway enough ass kissing.
    You're right about it being a great feeling, I knew that she'd be female but there's nothing like seeing the proof. The wife says that taking her out to dinner sounds like an excellent plan! :rolleyes:
    As to seeing how the rest of the grow goes, I'm with you on that, things should start to get interesting now!
    Thanks Hoknuf,
    I would wait on the nutes, the yellow colour may just be natural to this strain, and the best advice I can give any new growers is to wait when they think they have a problem (except nute burn lol) and give the plant time to recover itself. 24hrs won't make any problem significantly worse, but acting too soon and overferting/overwatering could.
    I remember what the first week was like, (because it was only a month ago) and you feel like a new parent, concious of every little change, and sure that this little thing will never fend for itself.
    I'm very curious to see how it goes with the 12/12 so soon, I reckon you'll see a huge growth spurt towards the end of next week.
    Good Luck!

15. #95 Tim t'Enchanter, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2009
    Update Friday

My god, here we are at the end of another week already! It's been an eventful few days here at the Enchanter's Tower, so without further ado here's what's been going down...

Plankton Day 30 (Day 2 flowering?):

Poor little Plankton, just like her namesake from Bikini Bottom, she can't catch a break. She suffered more light burns around day 25,26 and 27. Still, she's put out a new leafset since then, so I'm not too worried.

Here's the damage:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not all bad news, new growth abounds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I said above, she showed her first pistils yesterday.
    I thought there was only one, but they had twined around each other, so I couldn't see both. There are five spots with pre-flowers as of today.

First sign, can you see it?:

[​IMG]

I edited the pic a little to make it clearer:

[​IMG]

Patty Day 22:

Now to Patty, the often overlooked second plant. She's still firmly in veg. but looking beautiful. She's a lot less stretched than Plankton, and a damn sight healthier too! I only have two pics of her, my wife was the one who took the pics, and she was much more interested in the damage to Plankton!
    By the way, she (my wife) wanted to switch the plants around, so now Plankton's on the left, and Patty's on the right. No group photo this time, I'll stick one up during the week.

Here she is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shopping List

I am going to need supplementary lights soon, this CFL might be larger than normal, but it definitley isn't enough for two plants. I doubt it would even have the penetration for one large plant.
    I would like a digital PH meter.
    I could do with picking up some high N ferts, some molasses and some epsom salts.

Question

When do you guys think I should change to the 2700k bulb? I'm guessing soon.

That's all for now. 11:57, looks like I just made it for Friday!

16. hey tim.yeah they still looking good leaf burn and all bro,the plant will be fine ,well the mollasses cant hurt either good stuff.you got some good bloom fert what kind do you use man?i can see signs of side branching and the beginning of some sex so it wont be long either.not real familiar with cfl,s though ive never grown with cfl,s just floros t5 t12 and so on but ive always had good results in the veg stage especially.you ever try supplementing them with some cheap t5,s you get good lumen output and there cheap and put out barely any heat ,you can also get the t5,s in the spectrum you want for flowering and there really pretty cheap like i got 4 t5 4 foot bulbs and the lamp for around 40 at my local lowes lol so im not saying change your lights but add the t5,s as side lights they work great.:)by the way i got updates and pics on both my grows under my sig stop in and let me know what ya think later man.

17. Tim buddy! As far as the 2700k, now would be a good time. No need to keep vegetating after about 3 weeks with these auto flowers. Definitely for Plankton since she's showing sex signs, but you can do so for Patty as well, but definitely after she shows signs of sex. No need using 6500 or 6400k longer than necessary, since they're going to flower regardless of the light.

BTW, if anyone thinks I'm incorrect please correct me. Thanks.

18. Thanks Destroyer, the nutes are Doffs Tomato feed 2-6-6.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got it really cheap (€2) locally.

I hadn't thought about T5's for sidelights, that's a good idea. I'll have to do a bit of research on it!
    I've got your grows open in another tab right now, the poison dwarf I've ben watching all along, and the micro skunk is new to me. They both look great. +rep.

Here's that pic of the whole setup I said I'd put up:

[​IMG]

19. Hey Sativa, nice to see you!

I was thinking that I should change it out, I'll do it in the morning.
    If you hadn't guessed by my posts so far, I'm a huge procrastinator! Never do tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow!

20. LOL. May want to look for something with higher phosphorous count now. It promotes flowering, and with our plants, that's the important part.