Lowryder 2 CFL first-timer's grow. Lots of Pics!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Tim t'Enchanter, May 30, 2009.

1. Hey Enchanter! I know you're busy these days, what with all the back orders on potions and all, but do you think you could conjure up some photos of your loves?

Besides that, I just like you, and wanted to say hey! :wave:

2. Life is good!

Been out for a few days, had some family in town, it was good times :smoke:

The smoke has been wonderful, I am as happy as ever => [​IMG]

I picked up some mylar yesterday, and some of the same great soil from my first grow. When I have a few free days I am going to work at getting this PC grow setup put together so I can plant a seed or two :cool:

So glad to hear that you are using a scope to check the trichomes. That is the right way to do it. Keep checking them at least once a day (or as often as you can). The time at which you harvest is directly related to the resulting high you will get. Choose wisely!

Keep up the good work man! :D

3. Hey buddy. Haven't seen an update in a few days. What's goin' on?

4. Could the Enchanter be trapped in his tower? I know what a busy Wizard he is, but it's almost been a whole week!?:confused: He last spoke of having some smoke with some nice trichs though. He could surely conjure his way out of his own tower, right?

5. Alri Tim, I have been checking in and out all the time and still no update, hope everything is good with you and your girls :) they must be nearly ready to smoke now :smoking: Looking forward to your next journal entry and some more pics ;) very impressive so far Tim and great choice of seeds for your next grow.
    Talk to you soon all the best Dave. :wave:

6. Uh oh, no word for Tim for a few days :(

I hope that all is well for you Tim! I always worry anytime a faithful poster and GC member doesn't show for almost a week. StarBaby fell off the face of the Earth not long before her harvest date, still don't know what became of her. Please check in with us, we miss the wizard! :hello:

7. :poke::poke::poke::poke::poke::poke:

Didja get eaten by the beast wwith big, sharp, pointy teeth? *does action* :smoking:

8. Hello Tim,

Last night was the harvest time for me. It was a decent yield for me. It was 19gr (Wet) PPP yield for me. My mother is getting suspicious again because of the Ona Block's strong odor. So it looks like, I have to use my harvest very economicaly for a while. This will be my last update for my grow. Thanks to you and others who helped me along the way. You helped me to stick with my grow till to the end. Thank you for hosting my grow under your thread.

Hoknuf :)

Attached Files:

9. Sorry I forgot to ask one more question. I trimmed some leafs during harvest. What should I do with those leafs ? Thanks.

10. #590 Azureblue, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009

Save the ones that have "trichomes" (look like there is sugar on them), discard the rest. You should dry and cure them just like you are doing with your bud (hopefully!).

You can use the "sugar leaves" in cooking to make Cannabutter. Google for information on making "cannabutter." When you cook them you can filter out the leaf material, leaving only the goodies within the trichomes (THC and other cannibinoids) attached to the butter. Then you can put that butter on toast, or bake it into whatever you want.

If you don't understand something, just let me know.

Congratulations on your harvest by the way! Did you trim them in the house? That must have smelled powerful!! That would definitely be enough smell to make your Mom wonder (if you did). Are you going to dry and cure properly?

I would also recommend purchasing a vaporizer if conserving your Cannabis is important to you. You will use less then half of what you use now. I ended up with 3/4 of an ounce of bud from my first harvest. Its been almost a year and I have only used about 25% of that harvest. Also, it doesn't leave a smell when vaping. This means you don't have to change your clothes or air out the room, etc. It is amazing :smoking:

11. There are few sugar leaves. I will save them and discard the rest. I will give a try to Cannabutter.

No, I harvested in my home. My mother got suspicious couple days before harvest. The reason was, I opened the lid of Ona Block. Then that was a powerful smell of Ona Block, not the smell of weed. She told me that it was a powerful smell, nothing like other odors. Before, I opened a hole on the lid of Ona Block, so that the smell of Ona Block was not powerful. But when I opened the lid of Ona Block the smell was powerfull enough to be suspicious. That was a lesson to learn. Never open the lid of Ona Block. Yes, I got a vaporizer a month ago. I already used it few times. I wish mine can last that long.

I am planning to dry for a week and cure for another week. Is that too long ? It is hard to resist. I did not know that I have to dry and cure also the leaves.

12. Forgot to add one more thing. I did harvest during midnight during sleep time. I cranked up my Ozone Generator during whole harvest time around 2 hours. I think Ozone Generator did the trick. But on the other hand, Ozone Generator creates odor which smells like Ozone. That can catch attention too. I guess the best Odor Control is Carbon Filter, which I never used. It is impossible for me to mount a Carbon Filter to a PC Grow room.

13. #593 Yoda, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009

First let me say....
    sorry tim.....

But i have to say somthing here...
    You obviously are growing in your parents house without thier permission...
    You Im sure are aware you have put thier freedom at risk.
    Its just plain bad Karma...

Shame on you and anyone who helps you do this to innocent people such as your folks.

If you claim to be a man then you should stand up and act like one.
    Talk to to them. They love you and deserve to know what you are doing in THIER house...:mad:

14. Actually, my drying and curing process took about 3-4 weeks. Make sure you read up on this as much as possible. The drying and curing process is as important as the last several months of growing in terms of the finished product.

The leaves (in my opinion) should be dried and cured similarly, though you obviously won't hang the leaves to dry. Just put them in a basket while drying, and a seperate jar when curing that you open several times a day. Please read up on the curing process because the way I am describing the cure is simplified and not complete.

Good luck and happy smoking :smoke:

15. Hoknuf, I must agree with Budslinger to some extent. Growing in someone else's house without their knowledge is a bad idea. Especially your parents', and especially if you're growing in a country where it's illegal. Just something to think about in your future endeavors. Best of luck to you though.

16. I was thinking maybe he was simply caught by the cops although I'm not sure of how strict the rules r in wherever he lives. I think Scotland. But I think he'll come back eventually

17. Lets hope so :cry:

Tim is one of two people that I talked with a lot during my second grow. Both people started their own grows shortly after mine finished, and now both have disappeared off the face of the Earth mid-grow with no explanation :cry:

18. I wont even try and answer for Tim but 2 things, firstly I am from the same neck of the woods as Tim, he is from the west coast of Ireland, although been called Scottish for an Irish man isn't to bad, at least you didn't say English, and secondly while growing is illegal in Ireland most if not all growers that are caught are brought to court and slapped with a fine usually no more than a couple hundred euro, so he is not in jail or anything, maybe just busy or is having problems with his internet connection.

As you can see Tim you are well missed in the city, talk to you soon (hopefully) all the best.

19. Yes he is! Throw us an update of some sort, or at least just say "high" as soon as you get a chance. Peace brother.

20. An old thread i no and im no expert but by the looks of things using the right food/nutrients and you would not of not had any of the deficiencies you had.. A+ for the effort though :)