Lowryder #2 - 400watt HPS - Pics

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Peacefullbuddah, Feb 21, 2009.

1. hey man got your post they are starting too take off they are under CFL i know growth can be a bit slower but hey im patient get those pics in my man would mind having a look

2. UPDATE : Today is day 41 since they sprouted soil . These pics were taken yesterday . The buds seem to be getting fat now . For anyone who has grown LR2's ... Are they going to get much bigger in these last couple weeks ?

Attached Files:

3. fucking lovely! Im realling diggin this grow...good job!

4. do you have a magnifing glass to look at the trics? are they clouding up? The yellowing is just from the plant using its N no big worry here! Exellent grow

5. ^^^ To hydr1 , sorry about not replying man , I haven't checked the journal for a while .
    Thanks for the comments , I apreciate it .

To your question , yes I have a 30x-100x mag glass that I got from radio shack . As of yesterday , 2 of my plants had about 95% cloudy and 5% amber , another 2 had about 90% cloudy and 10% clear , and the last plant had about 75% cloudy and 25% clear .

I plan to harvest them all this upcoming thursday (4/9) , which will be day 60 since they sprouted from the soil . I figure that some will be more mature than others but I'm fine with that . Actually , I like the idea of having some bud that will give me a head buzz and some that will give me a body buzz .

I have to add a little update about how the buds are looking and smelling ... :D ... they smell great ! I swear that 3 of them smell like BUBBLEGUM ! They just have this powerful sweet smell , it's mouth-watering . The other 2 have more of a dank smell , but they still smell good . Oh yeah , and 3 out of the 5 plants have started purpling tremendously .

I'm not expecting a large harvest . With lowryder #2 the average yield is 14-48 grams per plant , and I'm pretty certain that I will not even achieve 14 per plant . I did something wrong I'm sure . I may have stressed them out with heat early on , that could be why they never got as big as I thought they should have . Although , one of them looks like it may produce up to an ounce dry , and oddly enough that was the plant that was furthest away from the light (also the heat) .

6. Awesome grow man!! Ill be watching this for new pics since today is day 60 for you!
    Yahhh!
    Ive got some lowryders on the grow right now also, less than 2 weeks in.

7. #27 Peacefullbuddah, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009

Thanks man , but day 60 is not until thursday (4/9) , so that's when I'll be harvesting them (4 out of 5) . I've decided to give the most immature one an extra week to fully mature , so I will be harvesting that one on or around 4/16 , or whenever the trichs show ripeness .

So you're growing lowryders also , be ready for the extremely fast growth . Within a couple weeks they pretty much go from seedlings to mini bushes . And you'll be happy late in flowering because they smell and look great . As I mentioned in my last post , 3 of my babies smell like sweet bubblegum ! Good luck to you and your grow .

8. UPDATE : Day 54 since sprouting ! 4 of them will be ready for harvest this week , with the remaining 1 being cut down the following week . :hello:

Attached Files:

9. Here's some more pics from day 54 .

Attached Files:

10. that is awesome man they look lovely dude really nice REP

11. Thanks for the rep , and the positive remark . Yeah I think they look pretty good . I could have done better though , I made a few mistakes . Some of them were heat stressed early on and I believe that will affect my overall yield . But either way , I'll have a decent little supply of bud so I'm not complaining . Thanks again for stopping by . :wave:

12. Looks great. Did you do any LST or topping, or did you just let them go au natural?

13. No training at all , just natural .

14. #34 Peacefullbuddah, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
    Ok , to all who have been keeping up with this grow , I decided to harvest last night (4 days earlier than originally planned) . I was going to harvest this thursday , but I couldn't wait any longer .

But I will say that the buds were not immature . I checked the trichs on all of them before I harvested , all 5 of them had atleast 95% cloudy trichomes ... with 3 of them having about 20%amber and 80%cloudy , 1 having about 5%amber and 95%cloudy , and 1 having 5%clear and 95%cloudy . So I will definitely have more of a head buzz with these buds , but that's actually what I prefer anways .

I am glad it's finally over with (started on feb 5th) . I love growing and all , but by the end I am always ready to cut them down . It's definitely a job .

So like I said in one of my earlier post , I'm not expecting a large yield . After chopping the buds and looking at them I would guess that I will probably yield 2-2 1/2 ounces for all 5 plants . So probably about a 1/2 ounce per plant ... and according to the "big book of buds VL.3" that's the average yield for LR2's . I don't smoke large amounts anyways so that will last me for a good while (I smoke everyday , but I only take 1 hit everytime I smoke , so I go through about 2 grams a month , which means 2 ounces should last me over 2 years!!! crazy isn't it ? ) For some reason I am really sensitive to drugs now , so I can take one bong hit and be extremely stoned ... I'm not complaining . I use to go through an 1/8 every few days !

Here's some pics from last night and this morning . I will post more as they dry , and I will give a final dry weight . Yes , that one bud was almost as big as my gamecube !!! Enjoy!

Attached Files:

15. Great harvest!:smoke: Looks like some killa smoke. Have some LR#2 beans sitting here, def gonna be starting them soon. Gonna try them outdoors with 3 weeks of 24 hours before there put outside.

16. nice job buddah, those nugs look tatsty!

17. Thanks for the input , yeah I'm hoping for some good smoke .

Are you going to do a journal for your LR2 outdoors ? If so , I'd definitely be interested in seeing how they do outdoors ... they will probably get pretty big . Good luck .

18. I'm hoping they're tasty , right now a couple of them smell like sweet bubblegum :D ! Thanks for stopping by .

19. Nice harvest! Cant wait to hear the smoke report on those L2s. I'm sure with them all hung up drying it smells amazing in there. Great job!:smoke:

- Danky

20. thats the way it should be....people take advantage of herb and dont respect it...Good herb only needs to be smoken a bit...and chill....a bit and chill...no one gram bong rips and 1/8 blunts...those are people that have abused this drug and/or they have some bunk shit.

when Im gardening I smoke a gram a day...when Im working and doing normal shit mabee a half