lowes/home depot lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Substang, May 13, 2008.

1. does home depot or lowes sell HID lights that i use for growing? my friend tells me i need to order them over the internet.

2. I think they have them up to 175/250Watts Not to sure playing by ear.

3. you arent ready for growing. seeing as someone else already knows and you havent even started.

4. thanks douchebag

anyone else know for sure?

5. **********bump

6. Yes, they sell up to 250 or so for outdoor use. You can get a couple 250's and use them.....

As offensive as what that guy said was......he is kinda right though. If you are asking where you can buy lighting then you probably haven't researched enough to be able to grow....a simple google search would have gotten you answers faster than this thread.

Best of luck!

7. hahaha nice one

anyway im in the process of building a grow box and i've been getting all my supplies from home depot
    i couldn't find any HIDs or metal halides or anything but they do have CFLs
    they have the sunlight CFLs you can use for vegetation and the soft white CFLs for flowering so thats what im going with

good luck
    and yea don't let anyone tell you your not ready to grow
    you gotta learn sometime, and the best way to learn is by doing and possibly failing and retrying

8. thanks man

i've been doing research for months and know exactly what i need to do its just that i dont want to order lights online, and was wondering what hardware stores sell what cuz i dont feel like going to each store.
    so it pretty much has nothing to do with being ready, just asking if people have bought grow lights from these places

9. yeah i think its funny when people say stuff like "youre not ready to grow" lol, do whatever you want to do. however, i went to OSH and saw some MH, some HPS, and some of the mercury halide bulbs. They weren't real high wattage, but just sayin that they have some there. gl

10. Ebay, HTG Supply, excellent lights good prices.

11. I DONT WANT TO ORDER LIGHTS ONLINE!!!!11one

12. Hey dude, I am/was in the same boat you are. I'm a newbie in growing as well, but have read many many many threads, so I've learned a lot. I still ask questions too though, nothing wrong with it! Everyone has their own opinion and method. I went with CFL's and couldn't find them anywhere in any higher wattage then 27w. They had a 42w 2700k, but no 5500-6500k in that high of wattage. I picked up two of the 27w lights just for now since I my plants are only a few weeks old, but just seen some 65w (or 300w=65w), that are 6300k for $9.98 at Tractor Supply! I am going out Monday to buy a couple. So check your local Tractor Supply (if you have one) as they seemed to have a few 'different' kinds that I didn't see at any other store (I went to Walmart, Walgreens, Meijer, Home Depot, Menards and a local floral/greenhouse supply shop).

HTH,
    Sparky

13. Yes this thread is 8 years old but anyone who clicks this thread and wants help I got ya..

At lowes IMO.. the very best CFLs you can buy are the 150 watt equivalent bulbs... I could only find 2700k at my local lowes . The 150 watters are bigger than your typical cfls but they DO NOT have the mogul socket so you dont have to worry about mogul adapters. You will get 2600 lumens per bulb vs. the 1600 lumens you will get out of the 23 watters... They aren't cheap though... well to me im poor thogugh. you will pay right around 8$ per 150 watt cfl bulb.. but they work great!.

my lighting setup that I use for 1 single plant is this... it will do 1 plant perfect ..tons of lumens and dense fat fat nugs..

I use

180 watt full spectrum ufo led (oceanrevive brand cant buy anymore though)
    4 150 watt cfl's 2700k when flip to 12/12 or from start with autos.

with that setup I have right around 12,000 lumes on one plant. in a 3.5 gallon soil container (fox farm ocean forest) I can usually get 2-3 oz's dry strain depending... You could get a QP - 4 oz dry but you have to dial everything in perfect.

cheers boys, fuckin cheeeeeeeeeeeers!