Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

lowering tolerance?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Magik Mook, Jan 5, 2013.

1. hello errebody, i've been smoking for probably 10 years now. along the way i may have cumulatively taken like 2 years worth of breaks away from the herb, but it's been a long time since i've decided to just go cold.

usually i'll go through a rotation for a week or two of smoking middies in an attempt to lower my tolerance. but when i get fat sacks of mid grade i start rolling blunts and packing bongs like the stuff's literally grass i've collected off my lawn, and that's just not economical. what other techniques do you guys use to cope with your tolerance?

2. A long t break to rid of thc. That's it I believe.

But if you are not getting high, try hash edibles, full melt hash, bho wax, or tinctures.

Sometimes I find taking omega 3s help with your tolerance . Remember to drink plenty of water even if it tastes bad. Drink up!
    Drink 100% mango juice before smoking. like 3 glasses. good for you and for your high. Good highs comes with mangos and omega3 supplements.

3. hm what about the mangoes makes you feel stronger effects? i drink lots of water, i love water, and i love mangoes and mango juice so that's definitely an avenue i'd be interested in pursuing. and do the omega 3's just help because they're fat based? would eating any fatty food help?

also, would you care to expand a bit on tinctures? i'm not sure how they're made or how they effect you. thanks for your time.

4. Tinctures are made by extracting the full spectrum of cannabinoids by using glycerine or alcohol, and is good for your body. It provides much needed cell renewal and growth, while providing pain and inflammation relief. It also will get you very high. Look up 'green dragon' tincture.
    As for mangos go, it contains a trace mineral that helps with the absorption of cannabinoids. I usually eat 2 overripe mangos before I smoke to enhance the effects.
    Omega3s help with your cannabinoid receptors, by rebuilding them and in doing so, gets you higher.
    But most of all, taking a one week break will get you where you need to be.

We don't realize this but, by smoking too much, we are Overloading our cannabinoid receptors in our brains. It's like hitting a baseball over and over until the seams fall apart. Taking a break will restore those receptors.

Hope this help.

5. Drink green tea. Stop for a week cold turkey. Your gonna have to suck it up and not smoke for a little then you'll be pleased when you come back

6. Make a schedule if you're trying to cut down, your tolerance will slowly go down with it. Or just pick a few days a week, or even cut it off cold turkey. It only takes about 1-2 weeks for your tolerance to completely reset.

7. What exactly does green tea do in relation to thc? I drink a ton of it simply because I like it. I'm also on a t-break myself so I'm wondering if it helps get it out of your system.

8. mmm mangoes.

i had no idea a 1 week break resets your receptors as well as you say. i've always told myself a week was half assing it and cleansed for a month at a time hehe.

i'd also like to hear more about this green tea thing. i drink plenty myself for the same reason.

9. Omega 3s will restore receptors. Green tea to filter/flush thc out

10. Exercise? It works. Also feels amazing to smoke a jay after a warm showing after working out :smoking:.

11. Do you know how long it takes to repair the receptors? I've been taking omega 3 fish oil in high doses for a while now, but I haven't had a break. Maybe I should combine the two?

12. When one takes a T-break, the receptors aren't being repaired per se because they were never destroyed. Rather, time allows the THC molecules to release from the receptors in the brain and be metabolized in the liver.

13. Oh ok, shame there is nothing to speed up the process :(

14. The mango thing worked for me. And of course a t break would help. My tolerance is weird tho, i smoke everyday and i can tell when im building up a high tolerance but if i take just one day off from the herb i usually get very high my next few sessions as if i had an extremely low tolerance hehehe, its pretty cool :D

15. If one could make the body produce more of the enzymes that metabolize THC, then the process might go faster, but that might cause unwanted side effects.