Lower leaves yellowing on plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by legolando, Jan 26, 2012.

1. #1 legolando, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

This is my Blue Hash plant, it's lower leaves are turning yellow and drying up and i have no clue how to help it! It's currently about 3 feet away from a 400w HPS light with a 12/12 light cycle, i gave it MG Tomato Plant Food for the first time today at 1/4 strength, and it is in MG Flowers & Vegetables Garden Soil. I water it whenever it drys out completely (I use a moisture meter), and her Ph level is about 7.2. How can I save it?

2. I really don't worry about lower leaves, yellowing and dying, as long as you are getting good new growth at the top. I have an unknown strain, that I have been growing for awhile, and at about 4 weeks into flowering the bigger fan leaves started to yellow, brown and die. The 1rst time it freaked me out. But the buds just got bigger, I think the plant knows it's on short time, and puts everything into the buds, and bye bye leaves.

3. Dont worry man ur good. Most of the energy goes into the buds

4. Don't sweat it for one second..start worrying when you see something start then spread upward, but not yellowing and especially in 12/12 the plant is losing the stuff it doesn't need anymore..using that as a source of food or whatever, I'm not a scientist so I'll call it food..lol anyway I can't see the picture but I'd like to...also when your ph gets too out of whack which 7.2 is on the line, it'll start to show lockout signs like a pale look with rust spots that look like little strawberry seeds on the middle fan leafs in the middle of the blades..but yellowing alone is ok, what day are you on of flowering?

5. Thank you very much! I believe I'm on day 30 probably, and it still hasn't shown signs of sex yet either!