Lower leaves turning yellow + other questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SlightlySt00pid99, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Hey all,

I have a couple questions from my first grow.

I checked my plants today, and it looks like the lower leaves have started to turn yellow, with a little bit of brown dotting.

I'm in my 4th or 5th week. I've been using Fox Farm Big Bloom for the past 2-3 weeks(https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/89368/GROW-FX14002.html). and have been watering every 2-3 days(when the soil is dry)

I've had a few hiccups along the way, the first happened 2 weeks ago when i let the room get to about 106* for about 7-8 hours. which is the main reason a couple of the lower leaves look really yellow and screwed up. then the leaves were pretty droopy a couple days ago due to lack of watering.

But after watering they look good EXCEPT for those lower leaves. Both plants are indica(Different strains though).

What do you think the yellowing is due to? I added a couple drops of Fox Farm Grow Big today to see if the nitrogen will help it green up. What should i do?

Question #2- Are my plants ready for transplant to a 5 gallon smart pot?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. They are fine. They always ditch the oldest leaves...let it use up the whole leaf and itll fall off........think of a snake shedding its old skin. Only when the new leaves turn yellow do you have to worry.

3. Back off the nutes I would say its too strong

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Like greenthumb said. It's normal for your oldest leave set to do that. They look healthy. And you could probably transplant if you wanted. Just make sure your soil is barely moist before you do.

Oh really? I thought you were supposed to water like 10 minutes before transplanting?

6. #6 Errly Bird, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2014

As far as I know you want your soil to be pretty much dry and water after you transplant. If you water first when you get it out of the pot it will be a huge mess. Dry, it stays clumped together unless your rough on it and it'll chunk apart.

7. ^^^ thats correct....you want your plants bone dry when transplanting...then soak the new pot well and let go bone dry again. The roots search for moisture faster when they dry out