Lower leaves dying?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Pedroo, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Okay my plants are about 4 weeks into flowering. And the buds have new growth pretty much everyday i check. However the lower leaves are drooping and end are curling. Ifind about one dead leaf per day per plant. All the upper leaves are perky and fine though. Ive also noticed the lower ones dong get much light. Is this normal or is it a type of deficiency?

2. What kind of lights are you using? Its pretty normal usually this far into flowering.

3. lights/soil/nutes? How tall are your plants?

4. [quote name='"greenbudguy"']What kind of lights are you using? Its pretty normal usually this far into flowering.[/quote]

Two 48'' 2700k CFLs i used 6500k for veg

5. [quote name='"Not Sure"']lights/soil/nutes? How tall are your plants?[/quote]

Soil is miracle grow organic soil.
    And i actually noticed it the day before i started new nutes.
    The nutes is miracle grow all purpose plant food watering can singles
    24% nitrogen
    8% phosphate
    16% potash
    24-8-16
    Im using them exactly according to directions.

6. Are they above the plant?

7. I've used MG organic, I noticed it's a little low on the PH, has that been your experience? I added lime to my final potting mix to correct for the low PH and it worked well.

You're using a 4' flourescent shoplight? or did you mean 48w???

8. [quote name='"Not Sure"']I've used MG organic, I noticed it's a little low on the PH, has that been your experience? I added lime to my final potting mix to correct for the low PH and it worked well.

You're using a 4' flourescent shoplight? or did you mean 48w???[/quote]

4' flourescent shoplight. My ph is at about 7.8

9. Why so high? Get It to 6.5 fast

10. [quote name='"Pedroo"']

4' flourescent shoplight. My ph is at about 7.8[/quote]

Ph is to high. Need to be 5.5 to 6.0ish. Need more light. Try adding cfl lights .

11. That's the other thing, if you're using CFLs or t5 lights above the plant, the lower growth is getting little to nothing so it sheds the growth that isn't by transferring the mobile nutrients to the growth that is getting light so lower growth yellows and dies off. Grab a couple CFLs and light the sides up. You'll probably see a decrease or stop of the leaves shedding. Have you been feeding? Your plant isn't taking up many if any nutrients with a Ph that high