lower leaves dying on flowering plants????

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by silentassault, Apr 18, 2007.

1. plant info:
    3 NLxBigBud from nirvana
    29 days since 12/12 began, preflowers were showing(almost 3months old total)
    pH= 5.5-5.8
    ppm=2020 Technaflora BC Boost, BC Bloom, Thrive Alive B-1red
    feed 6x a day for 15 mins(flood and drain)
    temps= 80-85 F day, 70 F night
    400wMH, 250wMH

around 80% of the lower fan leaves are limp, some are yellow and drying up, some are yellow and just falling off. the branches still look strong and the tops are green and budding but look a little weak. most of this took place within the last 4 days at the most. is the plant just maturing? maybe a deff? thanks for any help...

2. sounds like nitrogen def.
    can you borrow a cam and post some pics

3. mine are doing the same please help me

4. firstimer start a thread, so we dont start cross posting

post all pertinent grow details
    lites , soil, watering amounts and scedule, ferts used & type, strain , age, temps
    etc etc etc

OK;)

5. silentassault

whats your res temps

6. ill try and get my res temps asap, and pics are hard to get cause i gotta borrow a camera.

7. obviosuly i need to get this problem fixed first, but if i recover i was told that clearing out all the undergrowth will help focus the plant on bud production, is this true? or should i just let the plant stay natural with lots of undergrowth?

8. yes it allows more air circulation lite penetration and nutrients arent being wasted on tiny florets which are better served in the production of the larger top colas

9. so should i cut all leaves and small flowers off at once or a few at a time, so not to stress the plant? thanks for your help, this will be my first complete grow all the way through... my other attempts have been cut short due to a few personal reasons so im very excited.

10. if the leaves damaged are 50% or worse......pull the damaged leaves and get it healthy first

11. You don't say if it's a soil or hydro grow..

If it's soil then the PH could be a problem at 5.5. If it's hydro then disregard the post.