Lower buds, Useless? Any potential?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by talonsblqd, Dec 26, 2015.

1. I've finished my very first growth. And as I'm trimming them and preparing to hang them for curing I noticed something. All the lower buds are small. Like... really, really, REALLY small. The only LARGE buds are those at the top that reached the light. Is there anyway, on my next growth for me to make the lower buds grow just as large as the top buds? Or are the lower buds just useless and should I lolipop and remove them so the plants can focus all attention on the top buds?

Thanks for any advice!

[​IMG]

2. I personally like the lower buds still good to smoke. If you want the lower buds to get bigger either provide more light or low stress train them

3. It doesn't have the "bag appeal", but it's all good smoke! The main problem is it's hassle to trim.

4. Thanks guys! I just finishing trimming it they were a pain in the ass. -_-; Next growth I'll try to get some light to the lower buds as well. I really would like them to be bigger.

5. Ok...next time try LST and use a stronger light to get down to the lower buds

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

6. You can check out my journal in the journal section I use LST and a shit ton of hps if you want a general idea of what it looks like or performs

7. I'll check out your journal, Fgj!