Lower branches

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CanniAnnie, Dec 5, 2015.

1. I have the G13 blueberry gum. So far I like it. Seems to be an easy to read plant. My question. On one of my plants, I call Eve, her bottom branches seem to be catching up to my top. I have yet to top her. She's 22 days old as of today. She has 8 working on her 9th set of tightly spaced leaves/nodes. She's barly over 8inches tall. Her bottom bottom most branch coming from the single blade sucker leaves are a little over 4 inches. I'm debating whether or not to top her due to how quickly and strong my lower branches already appear to be. Thoughts?

2. if it were me, I would still top it. Just bcz every single time I personally have experimented on two plants not topping and topping. The Topped plants will ALWAYS give u a higher yield IF DONE CORRECTLY. You can also FIM them which would also give a better yield. Experiment on different plants see what works best for you that's the joy of growing multiple marijuana plants at a time

3. Yea this round I have 2 blueberry gum, 2 blue venom, all feminized all from G13 labs. I've been super imposing minimal stress bends to two and leaving the other two go natural. I was planning to top 2 and fim the other 2 to see which works best with my setup. I grew sweet tooth, original blueberry, and white widow for over 6 year and never seen any of the plants shrub out without being topped, fimed, or topped

4. Cropped* meaning supercropping

5. OK.... Let me change up my question a bit. Are the bottom branches from the single blade and triple blade level worth keeping. I've always clipped mine ever since after my first grow. Are they able to form big nugs or at best a lil bigger than pop corn?

6. if they are getting enough light then they are worth keeping but if they are shaded under the top of the plant then i would say cut em off and let the plant focus on the parts that get the most light.

7. I topped her about an hour ago but this is her

Attached Files:

8. Right now i dont see it making a difference. Make your decision When the plant gets much taller.

9. what on earth is a sucker leaf?

Ask yourself why you want to top it. What are you trying to achieve?

Going by your photo, I see no point in topping at all right now

10. Annie my current qush i just harvested had 3 monster branches come up from the bottom of her and form some really nice flowers. You just never know

11. A sucker leaf can be 1 of 2 sets of leaves depending who you ask. I consider the sucker leaves to be the 1st set of round leaves that look nothing like a cannabis leaf. Other people call the single blade the sucker leaf, why idk. I dont really know how or why they're called that. I call the round set suckers because if a newb is growing and sees them they automatically question if they have the right plant.

12. And thanks reba. I haven't not lollypopped in a long time. If I'd have let her run I already topped her but I'd have kept all branches and just lollypopped them lol ah but thats done now :( lets see what these new ladies do.

13. what you call a sucker leaf is really the cotlyedon leaves. 1st set of rounded leaves that appear.

14. #14 GoldGrower, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
    The first leaves are called cotyledons

Edit.
    Lol, Killset beat me to it