Lower and upper

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by helloMarketing, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Well finally I can go to the gym

I weight 197 pounds 6,5
    I'm working on muscle growing
    I have a pretty slim body
    I was wondering if you guys could give me sets or exercises to work the core,bicep,chest

Thnks, also my cardio is pretty swell

2. Work you're lower body too...the last thing you could ever want is chicken legs.

Push ups, pull ups, squats, deadlifts, kettlebells, and sprint.

3. Yea dude don't be a curl bro haha. As the budsmoker suggested, get some legs in there. Start with a nice lifting routine that will work all parts of your body. Since your beginning to lift, everything will come in time and you shouldn't favor certain body parts just for looks. Legs, back, and shoulders are also essential to a lifting routine.

4. If youre absolutely new to lifting I would start out with solely body weight stuff and build a foundation of strength to work with in the gym

5. Squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, bench presses, pull-ups, pushups, dips, rows... all are good for building muscle. Don't just focus on one isolated muscle group...

Your core will get stronger the more you do exercises that require stabilization... like front/back squats, overhead press, and the like.

Your biceps will get strong with pullups, deadlifts, squats, rows... all sorts of exercises. You can do curls and such to complement bigger exercises...

and as for the chest... I've recently started doing barbell bench presses to the neck, (carefully!) as I've found they work the upper pec flare real well. Also dips work your chest nicely, specially if you rotate your elbows out to your sides (carefully, requires V bar to do perfectly) ... and there are a host of others but I've seen great results with these two.

I'm high as fuck and am gonna stop typing, my girlfriend is telling me about her day and I'm being rude

6. This is my routine, add 5lbs to every lift every workout (10lbs for deadlift). Been working, try it out.

A.
    Squat 5x5
    Bench 5x5
    Row 5x5
    Dips 3xf

B.
    Squat 5x5
    OHP 5x5
    Deadlift 1x5
    Pull-ups 3xf

Warm-up sets
    1x5 bar
    1x5 25% of weight
    1x3 50% of weight
    1x1 75% of weight

AxBxAxx
    BxAxBxx

Start with the bar(45lbs) only for Squat, Bench and OHP.
    65lbs for Row.
    90lbs for Deadlift.

Starts off slow and intensifies as you add more weight.

7. . :laughing:

8. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']If youre absolutely new to lifting I would start out with solely body weight stuff and build a foundation of strength to work with in the gym[/quote]

No I'm not a newbie. It's been half a year sinc I worked out.

I'm used workin out in groups but not individually. :d

9. [quote name='"MrHighFlyer"']

. :laughing:[/quote]

Succubus ?

10. You'd better get used to working out individually if you want results.

From what I've seen/experienced, the bigger the group, the less work that gets done. The less work, the less results. And so on. Unless everyone in your group has similar goals to strive towards, I wouldn't bother.

What I want though, is a committed training partner. So hard to find.