low yield, need advice.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JIMBO33, Apr 22, 2003.

1. I'm growing some random bagseed in a closet. I have 18 females right now. They are pretty tall, 4-5 feet tall. The lower third of the plant has been totally pruned. All the foliage down there fell off. Two plants share one milk crate lined with plastic. I calculated about 6 gallon capacity in each milk crate, so each plant should have approximately 3 gallons. I have two 400 watt HPS about a foot above the plants. The lights got too close at one point and started burning the tops of the plants. But it is high now. I have an oscillating fan and I vent into an open room for the 12 hour light cycle. I have been watering usually once every 4-6 days depending on how dry the soil gets. Every watering I have been giving them full strength, according to the box, miracle grow bloom. I water with a half gallon to each crate. The plants are a little over 6 weeks into flowering and a couple have prominent buds, but the others just seem to be really slow about forming good buds. Any advice, I can try and get a picture soon. Thanks.

2. what kind of reflection do you have in the room.....mylar or white paint or whatever?.......you need to get the light to lower down buds, plus it may also be the strain.....being bagseed.....ps what is the temp in the room....they may not be growing if the temp is too high......also check the ph of the soil........all in all if they aren't flowering as much as they should i'd say they are in shock or stress of some type.......Peace out.....Sid

3. Don't worry ~ at 6 weeks if they are a thai strain they could only be 1/3 done flowering.

YOUR PROBLEM COULD BE A BLESSING IN DISGUISE.

In 7-10 Weeks you could have some KILLER BUD!!!

By the way 2 plants in a 6gallon container = 6 gallons per plant BUT THEY ARE SHARING SPACE IN A 2x2 CONTAINER!!!!

IF YOU DO THIS PUT THE PLANTS IN OPPOSITE CORNERS, THEN WHEN YOU STACK MULTIPLE CRATES TOGETHER YOU CAN STAGER AND Have all the plants 1 sq foot away from each other!

4. That's exactly what I have done, I've staggered the plants exactly as you say. Thanks for the advice.

5. great job!

Then you should be in for a treat! keep in mind though this means that since 1ft of space inbetween each plant, each plant will only be able to go 1/2ft in either direction from its stalk before invading the neigboring plants space...

SHOULD MAKE FOR A GREAT SEA OF GREEN.

MAKE SURE YOU BUILD A PVC FRAME AND PLACE SCREEN ON IT, DROP IT DOWN ON TOP OF THE PLANTS AND TRAIN THEM SO 1 COLA PER HOLE IN THE SCREEN.

(if your doing a large crop - i didn't quite read the whole thing very well and I am high... so go figure...)

6. I'm starting a new grow with 10 bubblegum and 10 NL and am interested in screen of green. I have never attempted screen of green, but I've researched it some. Is it something a relative newbie should attempt? Can you easily fuck your plants up to the point where they will die? Does it make your yield insane? I have two 400 watt lamps for about 9-10 square feet of grow area and can add an extra 250 watt if I need. How much would you guess screen of green could increase my yield, maybe like 30%? Sorry for all the questions, but I wanted some experienced opinions. Thanks.

7. do screen of green (scrog )

check overgrow,com / faqs for all your infoz