Low RH in tent. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Soxfantony773, Mar 24, 2019.

1. As the title says, i just setup my 3x3 tent with a 4" 110 cfm exhaust fan and cheap flouro light for the time being. and so far, my humidity is steadily dropping, currently at about 43% from about 55%. the tent is in a cramped space and i dont really have room inside or outside of it for a humidifier but i obviously need to raise that number. Is there anything you guys do to boost humidity without a humidifier?

2. Poor man's humidifier. Bucket of perlite with some water in it.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Use a humidity/temp controller on the exhaust fans

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wet towel hanging up somewhere and a fan blowing on it. The water will evaporate and become humidity. It will lower your temp a little as well. Also if you have the bottom of the towel in a bucket of water it’ll last longer and you will just need to refill the bucket.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. My rh averages between 10 to 30. We have had a wet winter in Cali and more rh in the air. I grow in and outside in temps over 110 and rh around 10 alot. Not ideal, but I tried the humidifier. I grow open style inside and believe temps and fresh air flow are 10 times more important!
    I don't put my link under much but here see if u see for urself!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Man, im relieved to hear that. im currently looking through your thread and im liking what i see. I appreciate the reply!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ur welcome. I think the only time that it is a bigger deal is during first few weeks of germination.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. yeah that seems to be the consensus. i rigged up some ghetto humidity domes out of plastic cups that seem to be working well. sorta like this: (not my pic, from google) [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. my newest issue is heat....at 24" from the canopy my temps were hitting 100 degrees with my HLG300v2. i raised it to 36" and theyre at about 86-88 now. i was advised to get a bigger exhaust fan but the problem there is that my fan vents to a closet and even with more cfm the hot air in the closet will just eventually be recirculated. Im thinking of ditching my tent and just using the closet itself while keeping the door open as often as possible. Some light loss is better than frying my plants.

10. That's probably your problem right there, you're making your fan work too hard. Why are you pumping it into the closet just pump it into the room, or even better, outside.

11. not an option. Its the closet of my bedroom and it needs to be stealthy for when i have visitors. The wall is an exterior wall, thick lath and solid brick outside. im not even going to attempt to cut through.

12. #14 Sirtootsalot, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Ok, then one way or another you need to fix your environment, it's super important. Your exhaust fan is on the weak side, so an investment there is the only other solution I can think of. You should go overboard, I'd suggest this, as it's what I got when faced with the same issue. It's got a controller that you can set its speed, and its real quiet.

Also more clipon fans inside to get the air moving might help some as well.

Never did ask, how many plants do you have in there, and how big are they? Are you getting other lights? Florescent can make a lot of heat, perhaps get a led, might be perfect, then it might fix your issues all together.

13. i cant see the pic you posted for some reason. I was only using the flouro until my LED arrived. its up and running now. HLG300v2. that sucker is bright! and runs hotter than i thought. All of my heat issues started after i set up my light. Ive got my tent unzipped at the moment, with a desk fan inside, and a bigger oscillating fan just outside the tent. the exhaust is still running, and my closet is now slightly open, with another fan in the doorway. So a grand total of 4 fans lol. After doing all that and dimming my LED my temp is 86,rh at 30%

14. and ive got 6 seedlings going, in solo cups with ghetto domes attached setup like the pic above