low ph run off need help!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BB2Status, Mar 11, 2012.

1. I started testing my runoff because my plants leaves started to yellow and die. My run off is around 5.5 and can not get it to go up I just flushed with a bunch of water phed at 6.5 and 7.0 it did nothing. what should I do, thanks for any help

2. Dolomite lime.

You're chasing PH, and you will be till harvest. For your next grow, mix 1 cup of powdered lime per cubic ft of soil. For this grow, take 2 tablespoons lime for each gallon of soil in your pot. Loosen the top layer of soil with a fork. Mix in the lime, and *cover it with an inch of soil to keep it from drying out and not working. Test runoff every watering and adjust your nutrient mix/plain water as necessary. (this is known as top-dressing your pots)

When your runoff is low, you want your water to be high (8.0?) so your soil balances out. That's known as chasing ph because you have to keep up with it every watering. Lime buffers the ph of your soil, my runoff at 12 weeks into flower was the same as day 1 (4½ months earlier) without having to adjust jack-shit the entire grow. I rarely use my meter anymore, but it's good to have as a diagnostic tool.

There are other methods, but this is the one I'd use in your situation. (in addition to flushing)

Good luck!! :bongin:

3. Thank you I just bought the lime and put 2 tablespoons in the soil. Hopefully this fixes my dam ph problem.